No announcement yet.

Windows Xp HELP Messed up Bosses COMP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Xp HELP Messed up Bosses COMP!

:cry: My boss got windows Xp Pro, and since he knows nothing about computers he wanted me to install it, I formatted his Hard drive, Made two partitions, and tried to install Windows xp, everything goes alright until windows xp actually loads up to install. It's giving me this Error that ive never seen..

"Error:
    Installation Failed D:\I386\ASMS.
    Error Message: The parameter is incorrect

What can I do to get this installed right, Dont want him to get pissed off that I messed up his computer.

Thanks

His computer is a HP Pavilion XT963, 1.2 Ghz Celeron, 128mb Ram, Hp Cd writer,

I have tracked down this thread in a forum;

Seems that the CD-RW is having difficulty reading the I386 folder on the XP CD. (not an uncommon problem as it turns out)

If you have a regular ol' CDROM drive, try hooking it up and installing with it.

Seems rather strange, yet having an HP CD-Writer I'm not surprised by this, they really are a pain.

Good luck!
    Let us know how it turns out

AFTERTHOUGHT;
    If that does not get the job done, check the BIOS on that HP and see if there is an option for which OS; 98, NT, or other.
    Try setting that and see if it helps.
    Source= http://www.windows-expert.net/forum/...ge.asp?mid=229
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thats what the problem was, Swaped a DVD drive in its place and it installed right up, Thanks for the help : :cheers:

Comment

Glad to assist!
        =1 good deed for the day for me :)

Now, hit your boss up for a raise while he's still got you figured for a genius:laugh:

Word of caution;
        If your boss is insecure, he may be looking for your replacement at this very moment :eek:

of course, he may just really like having his tech support handy on his payroll
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Working...
        X