No announcement yet.

how do I back up Outlook express in XP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I back up Outlook express in XP?

how do I back up Outlook express in XP?

in win 98 the folder for this is "Identities" where is it in XP?

thnx.

the folder should be in a directory like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Identities

where username is your XP username on the PC we are talking about..

Comment

there is no application data folder, there is one called user data. and in it are 4 folders, all empty.

Comment

C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities

Back up this entire directory and you'll be set. Also, don't forget to back up your address book in case you need that as well. You can find it here:

C:\Documents and Settings\*username*\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Go to Tools>Options>Maintenance and there should be a button called "Store Folder" which, when you click it, will show you where your messages are currently stored and also let you change where you want them stored. Backup the contents of that folder.

The way I do it is I create a new personal folder called "MyStuff" in Outlook Express, then keep all the emails I want to store in there. Then I go to my store folder and regularly backup the file "Mystuff.dbx" and that's a whole lot easier.
          My Machine

Comment

silly me, I found it...its hiddend, should have enabled "show hidden files and folders" duh

thank you all for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X