Runtime error in I.E6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime error in I.E6

iI am having a problem with Internet explorer 6 SP1 running on XP Pro SP1 i get a error eg:

A RUNTIME ERROR HAS OCCURED
    DO YOU WISH TO DEBUG
    Line 48
    error: Pagenumber ' is null or not an object

I don't know how to debug ,should i reinstall I.E
    The problem happend when i was trying to make my first web page using a wizard to create a web page ,but i also had a simular if not the same error on a second pc running the same ,XP sp1 and I.E sp1 but not creating a web page just from normal surfing.any help appreciated thanks.

Go to your internet options and turn off the Java console (reboot may be required) that should stop the error messages from appearing. The errors will still be there, it just won't tell you about them.

What you have occuring is not an error in Internet Explorer, but rather in the java contained in the webpage. The Java console is identifying the error, so that you can track it down and correct it -- not much use really, unless you are creating Java scripts. Or perhaps you are a good samaritan that cruises the net fixing other peoples raggedy javascripts.

For most surfers it is merely an annoyance, so turn off the console.

IE is functioning normally I believe, and your Java console is doing it's job well too, or so it sounds to me.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Thanks for the info Mr.C i will turn it off ,i had a look and it was disabled but there was JIT Complier and (sun) java enabled so i disabled them see if that fixs it thanks mate.

Comment

You may well want to have the java enabled.
        There are a lot of times it gives a lot of functionality to the browser -- like in using this forum for instance.

You just want to get rid of the tool which notifies you of the errors, as this tool is used chiefly in aiding those folks who are writing javascripts.

On this system (Windows 9x) I have the "java compiler for virtual machine" enabled.
        The java logger, and the java console are disabled -- when I was dabbling in javascripting, I had the console turned on to test my script writing. At all other times it is turned off.
        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

if you want to get rid of the annoying do you wish to debug messages all you really have to do in IE is go to tools.. internet options.. advanced and make sure there is a check next to disable script debugging.

Comment

Thanks big time DigitalDD:)
            I had no idea what the exact option was in XP:confused:

DigitalDD scores +1 good deed today!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
              Thanks big time DigitalDD:)
              I had no idea what the exact option was in XP:confused:

DigitalDD scores +1 good deed today!
              Mr.C it also does the same in Win9x, NT & 2K.

cheers..

Comment

Thanks MR.c & DigitalDD i disabled those setings and tested IE by visitibg the site and what do you know ,no errors thanks heaps.

P.S + 2 good deed's for DigitalDD

Comment

Working...
                X