Help!!! Need A Fix Within A Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!!! Need A Fix Within A Day!

ok my dsl is going down in 2 days because im switching dsl companies and it wont be back for like 2 weeks, so im going to dial up occasionally just to check email etc, but i can't seem to get me modem to work, it says its data is invalid, and i NEEEEEEEd to get it to work

here pic

Comment

That's not a good error. It looks like the PCI device can't communicate with Windows at all. How old is this modem and are you sure it's physically in good condition? Need more details on the device itself (what brand/model, which port it's connected to - internal or external etc.)
      My Machine

Comment

its NEW, and it was free lol
        it supports XP also

its a bestdata modem
        model no: 56HP
        it says on the cover:
        56K V.92/V.44
        (dono what that means)

the instructions that it is supplied with are rather simple, my dad said it may have something do with with COM1 and COM2? does anyone else have soyo kt400 platinum? maybe its the motherboard's fault

Comment

If it's a PCI internal modem (which it should be) then COM1 or COM2 are not relevant - they're physical ports on the back of your computer. For PCI devices, you need to use COM3, COM4 or higher. Make sure the modem is sitting properly in the PCI slot and there's no dust/dirt in the port or around the modem.

Other than that advice, I don't know if there's much else you can do other than check out the bestdata.com website for more support info.
          My Machine

Comment

hi,
            I found an article that may resolve your problem -it seems Xp is refusing rights to install modem on top of dsl
            this requires some editing of the windows registry:hammer: so read carefully

hope this helps bty try a search with google on error if this does not work
            cheers:thumb:

Comment

THANK YOU I LOVE YOU :kay: :kay:

Comment

Working...
              X