Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Tray and Key Removal Questions

System Tray:

I need to remove the items in the box from my system tray. the only problem is that they are not listed under msconfig. so how do i do this?

(If the image doesnt show up, right click, properties, and copy and paste that url in your address bar and you will see it.)

Key Removal:

Last time I tried this I was successful....to a degree. I removed that blasted windows start key from my keyboard through my registry, but what happened was that it also disabled 3 other random keys on the keyboard along with it. So my question is what do I do and where do I go in the registry to successfully do this without messing anything else up?

the 2 on the right deal with your internet/lan conection. the one with the red X means there is no cable attached to one of your nics..to get rid of it you need to disable the nic under device manager. The other is an icon showing that you are on-line with the other nic or modem. This can be turned off in Network Connections by right clicking on the icon of the nic and selecting properties. It's on the first page, just uncheck "Show icon in..." Sorry, but i'm not familiar with the other icon.

Comment

I have that same icon in my system tray. It evidently shows up if you have something working out of your usb ports. If you click on it you get a message about safely removing whatever hardware is in the port. Click on it again & it disables the hardware & you can remove it from the usb port without shutting down. Then the icon disappears. Don't know if you can manually keep it from appearing in system tray, but it should be listed as some kind of tool. Hope that helps

Comment

I still need to know how to get the windows start keys removed...someone help please!

Comment

i may feel stupid for saying this later, but i'm not sure i understand what you are talking about by the "windows start key" on your keyboard

Comment

i'm going to assume that you are talking about the key between the alt and ctrl keys...sorry, but i've always just refered to it as the windows key...depending on the keyboard you have, you may be able to install some software that will give you access to the key's functions (as well as disable it) in the control panel. MS has a softwre/driver package that will do it, if you are using one ot their boards, and i think you can with logitech as well...but as I said, this will inculde installing some additional software/drivers

Comment

i know you can fix it through the registry, but i need to know the binary value data for it. as for downloading things, it would be helpful if you would give me a link or two to it. thx again though :afro:

Comment

what brand and model keyboard do you have?

Comment

Working...
                X