Outlook Express Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outlook Express Help Please

Everytime I open outlook to check my mail it ask's me for a password. I cannot for the sake of me can find how to turn that off. I go to Tools>Accounts>Then properties on the mail account and type in my password and make sure it's checked on to remember password hit apply, return, ok, everything I know to enter it in. I leave it and it's erased and still ask's me for my password.

This is a new computer on my old one it never asked me for my password but on this I just cant turn it off, I hate entering it in everytime.

All help is appreciated.

Is it Outlook Express or MS Outlook?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Which versions of Windows and OE are you running?
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

It's Outlook Express 6. The free one. I have Windows XP Home, I don't exactly know what OE means?

Comment

oe means outlook express DUH!

Comment

There's your problem, in some instances, the combonation of WinXP and Outlook Express is known to do that. I have a fix for it, I'll post it here as soon as I find it.

edit: there it is, had to search through my e-mail.
            Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Comment

Thanks a bunch.... Now just need to try it. Sounds a little scary as I usually don't mess with stuff like that but I'll give it a whirl.:)

Comment

Yeah, working for an ISP, i've seen that one too many times. This fix is good. I'll think you'll be ok.

Comment

Yeah it seemed to work I dont have any problems whatsoever everything is still running smoothly.

Just a quick question though, do I just deleate the reg file that I exported and saved?

Comment

Yeah, if you exported it. All that is was a backup. You can delete it. I say, maybe make a restore point in Windows' system restore first.

Later

Comment

Thanks a bunch appreciate the help.

Comment

"oe means outlook express DUH!"

ey tommybroiler, no need to make fun of someone just because he did'nt the understand the reply.. :no:

I don't think you understand everything all the time either.. ;)

cheers m8!

:cheers:

Comment

Working...
                        X