Run as system service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run as system service?

Hey guys how do i get the program to start when a server boots?

It is not in the system service menu. Can it be set up as a system service?

it seems that the program only runs when i am logged on to the server and
    that is not acceptable since i am usually not logged on. it must run as a
    service. can you tell me how?

what do you want? start the program at start-up or add the program to the services section?
    why do you want to add a program specifically to the services section? wouldn't just starting the program at start-up solves your problem?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

this will not work because the start up group is not launched until a user is logged in. This is a server so no-one will hardly ever be logged in. on top of that it has scheduled reboots. so it has to launch from the registry when windows loads.

Comment

well i don't know whether i can be of much help or not but i can tell you where all the information about services is stored in registry.
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es is the place you will be finding all the services you have on your machine.
        now if you are confortable enough to fiddle around with registry (not recommended by me) and add that service you want from there, then you are on!
        just to give you an example, i have two softwares that start as service on my PC; AVG 6.0 anti-virus and Sygate Personal Firewall. If you want to know that whether you have any non-ms services starting on your machine, go to msconfig and under services tab, check the box saying "Hide all Microsoft Services". these services will work as an example for you to add the service you want.

i m sorry i can't be of any more help to you...:(
        Last Updated:
        10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
        ======================
        =======================
        yabaa dabaa doo...
        Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Hey i did find a program that would launch it as a service for me every time windows starts. Thanks for the ideas though.

Sniper

Comment

we would have appreciated it if you could tell us about that program rather than just posting that you found it!

:cheers:
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

======================
            =======================
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Create, run, and monitor any application program or script as a Windows service with FireDaemon. Crash and hang detection. ensure uptime, availability and resiliency

Comment

Working...
              X