Installations Hanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installations Hanging

Ok here's the deal I was having a problem with installing/uninstalling programs, it would take forever (15 minutes) just sitting at the installation/unistallation window and then finally start.

I did a fresh install of Windows yesterday and installed a game (C&C Generals) and it worked nice and fast no waiting. I just went through the Tweaktown WindowsXP tweak guides 1 & 2. Now the problem is back again. I just tried installing Kazaa and the installation was just hanging again. So I think it has something to do with one of the tweaks. Could anyone help me plz.

Ok well it seems Windows made a restore point so I went back to that phew. Caould someone please tell me where the restore points are kept, I want to delete some of the older ones.

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
      asklepios[/size]]
      the answer will be yes, you can delete the older system restore points and keep your latest system restore point intact.
      go to "Start --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> Disk Cleanup.
      In the window that pops up click the tab "More Options". Click on "Clean Up" under "System Restore". it will ask you that whether you want to delete the older system restore points. click on "Yes" and you will be done.
      Cleaning your disk off restore points by the method i just explained is another ideal way to save on disk space.

Comment

Working...
      X