XP Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Problem

Ok guys, ya'll ain't failed me yet. I am running XP Pro, and now my system tells me that windows installer is nowhere to be found!! Yep, i turned off system restore, so I am hosed. Any way to re-install installer??? Or do I have to re-install XP???
    Thanks in advance!!!!!
    :drool: :drool: :drool:

i don't understand that what could have possibly screwed your system to the extent that you have your windows installer deleted.
    anyways you can download it from A-Soft Technologies site.

i would advise you to keep you system restore switched on. if you want you can set your own limits to the disk space it uses but it is always a good idea to have it on your system.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : [email protected]
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Thanks for the tip and the website! Went ahead and tried it , but it wont run it. sez........wrong os!!!???
      So I went to Microsoft's website, and they say since installer is part of XP you can't install or upgrade installer!!! ARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
      Any other ideas???? Thanks again!:wow:

Comment

try going to start>run and typing "SFC /Scannow" (without quotes). This will use the system file checker to replace/repair any missing system files from your original XP CD (which you should keep handy during this process).
        My Machine

Comment

Thought for the heck of it i would type in sfc too see what would happen and low and behold nothing ?? Typed it in again and nothing happened .Any ideas

Comment

just sfc won't work. you gotta add something after it...like /SCANNOW
            Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
            Last Updated:
            10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
            ======================
            jabber : [email protected]
            =======================
            Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
            yabaa dabaa doo...
            Customized for 1024x768

Comment

Working...
            X