Can't flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't flash

Hi! Dloaded BIOS update 1.90 onto a USB thumb drive for my 890FX Deluxe3(current BIOS 1.40)......when I use the flash Utility, the utility can't find it........... It can see the drive(Sandisk), but doesn't see the 1.90 BIOS on it.... Am I doing something wrong or should I try to flash using another media...... I don't have a floppy drive. Thanks

Re: Can't flash

Originally posted by Robit View Post
    Hi! Dloaded BIOS update 1.90 onto a USB thumb drive for my 890FX Deluxe3(current BIOS 1.40)......when I use the flash Utility, the utility can't find it........... It can see the drive(Sandisk), but doesn't see the 1.90 BIOS on it.... Am I doing something wrong or should I try to flash using another media...... I don't have a floppy drive. Thanks
    Try the windows flasher and run it from your hard disk.

Comment

Hi Xiaopang! I'll give it try........ Thanks

Comment

Hi,

I had the same problem upgrading my ION 3D.

To fix it, I re-formatted the USB stick (as FAT32), thereby clearing out everything that was there.

Once the new BIOS file was the only item on the file system, the Instant Flash system found it fine.

Hope that helps.

regards,
        RR
        Last edited by russellr; 01-17-2011, 02:57 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Hi russelr: Reformated my USB Thumb drive to Fat32 & dloaded 1.90 BIOS update to it. That was all that was on the drive.............. BIOS still could not find the update....it can see the drive(listed on screen) but again can't find the 1.90 update on it! I'm goin NUTS I emailed AsRock support & they sent me to there User Manual......... I've flashed mainboards before(Asus,Gigabyte, etc), without this kinda problem! I think I may be looking @ MoBo's this week. Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X