Phenom II X6 on A770DE+ Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenom II X6 on A770DE+ Problem

Hi I recieved my AMD Phenom II X6 1100T AM3 Processor today, I removed the existing AMD 64 X2 6400+ and installed the Phenom.
    I switched on the PC, all the fans started spinning, I had lights on front, back, inside, The dvd drives were spinning. But I had nothing come up on the screen, No post, Just blank.
    My System:
    System Manufacturer/Model Number Custom
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    CPU AMD 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition @3.2GHz
    Motherboard ASRock A770DE+
    Memory 4 X 2GB 8192 MB (DDR2-1100 DDR2 SDRAM) @ 555Mhz
    Graphics Card 2 X ATI Sapphire HD 5770 1GB DDR5 @850/1200MHz in CrossfireX
    Sound Card Onboard 7.1 HD Audio/Bluetooth Stereo Audio/C-Media USB 5.1
    Monitor(s) Displays 32" Soundwave LCD @ 1920X1080/42" Samsung Plasma @1920X1080
    Screen Resolution 1920X1080

Keyboard Accuratus Toughball 2.4GHz
    Mouse Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000
    PSU Evo Labs 900W 80+ 80 plus Dual 12V ATX PC PSU
    Case Cooler Master Mystique 631
    Cooling Corsair H50 With 2X120mm Push/Pull,3X 120mm (FrX1,SideX2).
    Hard Drives Seagate Barracuda LP 1.5TB SAMSUNG HD154UI 1.5TB
    Internet Speed 5500kbps
    Other Info Corsair H50 Water Cooling With Push/Pull 120mm Fans Front 120mm Extracting Side Panel 2 X120mm Intake 3 X 90mm Fans in side of PC Desk @100% Via external USB 3 X XBOX 360 Dual Fan units at the rear of PC (Cooling The Intake air to the H50 Rad) In unison @ 100% Via external USB 2.0. OCZ - Extreme Thermal Convection - XTC Memory Cooler Rev 2 akasa HDD Cooler Graphics Cooler Exhaust Via rear PCI Port

Any help would be appreciated, I contacted my CPU supplier and they have agreed to replace, will be posting back on Monday, If this is simply my own ignorance, By this I mean are there compatibility issues with this Motherboard & this CPU? it says Phenom X6 ready. Or is it just a bad CPU perhaps? Do I have to update the BIOS? & if so where would I find it? I have looked and had no joy.
    I would be glad of some know how from educated people.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by RealGoneKid; 01-29-2011, 11:32 AM.

Re: Phenom II X6 on A770DE+ Problem

I managed to sort this problem myself. I checked the BIOS version with Everest and it said V1.20. I found a link to A770DE+ Bios Update, I installed the Windows version of the update V1.70 (ASRock > Products > A770DE+ > Manual)
    Turned off the PC, Installed the Phenom CPU again and it booted 1st time.
    I know this is probably a common mistake, but I thought I would post the solution in case any one else comes across the same problem.

My New System:

System Manufacturer/Model Number Custom
    OS Windows 7 Ultimate X64
    CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition @3.3GHz
    Motherboard ASRock A770DE+
    Memory 4 X 2GB 8192 MB (DDR2-1100 DDR2 SDRAM) @ 555Mhz
    Graphics Card 2 X ATI Sapphire HD 5770 1GB DDR5 @850/1200MHz in CrossfireX
    Sound Card Onboard 7.1 HD Audio/Bluetooth Stereo Audio/C-Media USB 5.1
    Monitor(s) Displays 32" Soundwave LCD @ 1920X1080/42" Samsung Plasma @1920X1080
    Screen Resolution 1920X1080
    Keyboard Accuratus Toughball 2.4GHz

Mouse Microsoft Laser Mouse 5000
    PSU Evo Labs 900W 80+ 80 plus Dual 12V ATX PC PSU
    Case Cooler Master Mystique 631
    Cooling Corsair H50 With 2X120mm Push/Pull,3X 120mm (FrX1,SideX2).
    Hard Drives Seagate Barracuda LP 1.5TB SAMSUNG HD154UI 1.5TB
    Internet Speed 5500kbps
    Other Info Corsair H50 Water Cooling With Push/Pull 120mm Fans Front 120mm Extracting Side Panel 2 X120mm Intake 3 X 90mm Fans in side of PC Desk @100% Via external USB 3 X XBOX 360 Dual Fan units at the rear of PC (Cooling The Intake air to the H50 Rad) In unison @ 100% Via external USB 2.0. OCZ - Extreme Thermal Convection - XTC Memory Cooler Rev 2 akasa HDD Cooler PCI Cooler Exhaust Via rear Port

I'm veery pleased with the outcome.
    Thanks.

Comment

I have the same issue with the same MB. My question to u is, how did u update the bios without seeing the screen?

Comment

Hi I had to replace the old cpu then update the bios and then install the new 6 core cpu. But I have since upgraded the motherboard, It restricts quite a lot of performance from the cpu.Hope this helps you.
        Last edited by RealGoneKid; 11-30-2011, 11:05 PM.

Comment

So I assume u regained video b4 updated the bios? guessing the cpu was the real problem?

Comment

Originally posted by ethricsoul View Post
            So I assume u regained video b4 updated the bios? guessing the cpu was the real problem?
            No my question wasnt posted quite correctly, the reason the screen was black was because the pc didnt post, it couldnt as it couldnt detect the cpu, cpu was fine, i sent the replacement back....I just needed to flash the bios b4 putting the 6 core cpu into the motherboard. I did this by putting the dual core back in, booted into the BIOS fine and from there was able to flash the bios, then i switched off put the 6 core cpu in again and was able to post and install my operating system on the new hdd just fine. Sorry for any confusion, I was trying to help and didnt want to over complicate things. Good luck fixing your problem!

Comment

Actually u were very helpful. Bad news 4 me,because ur thread I understood my cpu died with my last MB, and I'm hoping thats all. I guess an electrical fire will do that. :( Anyway I do appreciate ur help, better than tech support.

Comment

Originally posted by ethricsoul View Post
                Actually u were very helpful. Bad news 4 me,because ur thread I understood my cpu died with my last MB, and I'm hoping thats all. I guess an electrical fire will do that. :( Anyway I do appreciate ur help, better than tech support.
                OK sorry to hear that but just as a last attempt to help you, If you could lend/borrow any am2/am2+ CPU from a friend then u would be able to flash the BIOS. Another long shot is to buy the cheapest am2 CPU you can find on ebay
                amd cpu socket am2 | eBay

Comment

Working...
                X