ASROCK P55 Extreme mobo sata connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK P55 Extreme mobo sata connection issues

First time on this forum, so I hope I am clear with my problem.

Built my first pc about a year ago, with a ASROCK P55 extreme, corsair tx750w PSU, nvidia gts250, SATA WD hdd, and SATA dvd drive. Been working fine, until last week when I got home and noticed my HDD was not working nor being detected by mobo.

The error I receive is:
    "Reboot and select a proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press any key"

Ordered a new one, hooked it up and still nothing. Then tried to boot from a disc, and noticed "hey the dvd drive isn't even powered on!" Everything else in the case does power up (mobo, graphics card, fans, lights, even the PSU!).

Thats when it hit me: my two sata connected drives, the hdd and dvd, weren't even powered on. Tried new cables, different connectors, and even a 4pin-to-sata converter and still nothing. Immediately contacted corsair and am currently waiting their response, but I spoke with our IT director at work, and he said it may have to do with the Sata connections on the mobo.

Could this be an issue instead of the PSU?

Re: ASROCK P55 Extreme mobo sata connection issues

Sounds like a frustrating problem. Have you tried plugging the units into different Sata ports? Have you tried powering them from a different power cable? Have you tried plugging different devices into those SATA ports? It should be relatively easy to isolate the problem by trying different things. Then the real work, warranty repairs, starts.
    Good luck!

Comment

Re: ASROCK P55 Extreme mobo sata connection issues

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I have tried all of those steps. Tried different sata ports, different sata cables, different sata power connectors, and even a 4pin molex-to-sata converter power connector. Still, the BIOS does not detect the sata drives, they do not power on, win7 does not load, and I receive the same error message.

I have contacted ASRock, and they said they were going to issue me an RMA#. My only fear now is whether or not I will have to reinstall win7 (which is more of an annoyance as I had my important files backed up on an external HDD).

I would still like to hear of any more suggestions though before I send this off.

Comment

Working...
      X