Asrock Z68 Pro3 PCI-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asrock Z68 Pro3 PCI-E

That quote I put in was from the Pro3 online manual way in the back someplace. It's also the very last thing in the Extreme4 manual. I don't know if it applies to Windows 7. Couldn't hurt to try that option but maybe you already did.

I suppose it could result in no display at all, which would be some amount of hurt :) and require a clear cmos.
    Last edited by brukster; 07-14-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

The Asrock Z68 PRO3 has 3 video related BIOS settings: Primary Graphics Adapter, Render Standby, IGD Multi-Monitor
      by default IGD and Render Standby are enabled by default. I have Primary set to PCI Express and left the other two enabled. What
      really sucks is that if my monitor isn't connected at boot to the onboard, like if I'm testing the PCI-E card and it doesn't work, I can't
      connect it back to the onboard DVI and get video. I have to wait until I think I'm at the windows logon screen and press the pwr
      button to make the system shutdown. Then I'll get the video back for the onboard connector.

Kind of makes troubleshooting a real pain in the butt.

Edit: Sorry there is the "OnBoard VGA Share Memory" option also...set to "Auto" by default.
      Last edited by GroBeMaus; 07-14-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Issue is resolved by clearing the CMOS using the motherboard jumper. Yes, this is apparently needed fresh out of the box. My system is working fine now.

Comment

Anyone who has problems like mine? Maybe we can solve it quickly with the support Asrock. coach handbags for womencoach handbags make ladies feel charming coach handbags receiving lowest costs online

Comment

Working...
          X