Bios problem or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bios problem or not

Hi Iam new to the forum and Iam having difficulty getting a new ATI sapphire 5450 1gb hdmi graphics card to work on my computer. My motherboard is a conroe 1333-dvi/h, I am usin windows 7 64 bit and when I install the card and installation disc I get no video signal on the monitor. Having read some other postings in other forums, it suggests it may be the Bios, I recently updated the Bios to version 2.10 and everything else on the computer is stable and working fine, any suggestions would be greatful. Cheers Hugh647

Re: Bios problem or not

You were using the on-board video to update the BIOS? Latest BIOS 2.10 installed?
    You may need to do a full reset and disable the on-board video.
    Gizas! what a mess :)

Comment

Dear Hugh 647,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send BIOS L2.13 to you for testing.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Hi Emily my email is [email protected]
        Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
        Dear Hugh 647,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send BIOS L2.13 to you for testing.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Hi Emily my email is [email protected]
          Thanks for your help

Comment

Hi DarkseeD I upgraded my pc from XP to Windows 7 my old graphics card was not compatible so I bought a sapphire 5450 1gb Hdmi card and tried to install using disc provided to no avail, prevoiusly to get windows 7 to work I updated the Bios in Windows version using only the on board graphics. Iam concerned if I disable the onboard graphics -update the Bios and insert the new graphics card I will get no video signal to the monitor and therefore how would I see what to do or follow instruction?
            Originally posted by DarKSeeD View Post
            You were using the on-board video to update the BIOS? Latest BIOS 2.10 installed?
            You may need to do a full reset and disable the on-board video.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh 647 View Post
              Hi DarkseeD I upgraded my pc from XP to Windows 7 my old graphics card was not compatible so I bought a sapphire 5450 1gb Hdmi card and tried to install using disc provided to no avail, prevoiusly to get windows 7 to work I updated the Bios in Windows version using only the on board graphics. Iam concerned if I disable the onboard graphics -update the Bios and insert the new graphics card I will get no video signal to the monitor and therefore how would I see what to do or follow instruction?
              My thought was you'll disable the on-board video after introducing the card (Sapphire), see the POST and entering BIOS...
              Gizas! what a mess :)

Comment

Hi there,
                I've got the same problem, Board ConRoe1333-dvi/h and a pcie 2.0 radeon 5450 card and no output on Monitor even the BIOS is invisible.
                Did you solve the problem and if so how?

mail to [email protected]

Comment

Problem solved BIOS updated to L2.13 from ASrock solved everything DOS version, can post full instructions if anyone interested, card was detected and AMD CCC installed no problems everything functioning fine

CHEERS Hugh

Comment

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me

Comment

Originally posted by Hugh 647 View Post
                      Problem solved BIOS updated to L2.13 from ASrock solved everything DOS version, can post full instructions if anyone interested, card was detected and AMD CCC installed no problems everything functioning fine

CHEERS Hugh
                      Hi Hugh,
                      would be grateful to see the full instructions. Copying CR133GD2.13 next to ASRflash.EXE didnt do the job for me. Must be missing something.

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                        Dear Hugh 647,

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                        ASRock TSD Emily
                        could you please share this BIOS with me as well? Having th esame problem that my As Conroe1333 DVI/H Bios 2.1 does not recognize the Radeon 5450. I'd prefer the windows version of the Bios update, if available.

Have seen that a BIOS for 667-R2 (Windows) has been provided but not sure that will work with the DVI/H . Board and chipset are similar but there are differences.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X