problem with my mobo ASROCK Z68 PRO 3 and the built in card lan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with my mobo ASROCK Z68 PRO 3 and the built in card lan

my m.b z68 pro3 cant access to internet with cable taller than 60-70 meter after setup lan it gives me signal x on lan i dont know why?
    what should i do with my cable 90 meter.(( plz do not tell me to use switch because i m not able to do these solution)
    (my older m.b. pl 945 s3p have not any problem with that length of the cable)

Re: problem with my mobo ASROCK Z68 PRO 3 and the built in card lan

Originally posted by mmels View Post
    my m.b z68 pro3 cant access to internet with cable taller than 60-70 meter after setup lan it gives me signal x on lan i dont know why?
    what should i do with my cable 90 meter.(( plz do not tell me to use switch because i m not able to do these solution)
    (my older m.b. pl 945 s3p have not any problem with that length of the cable)
    At 90m, you're pretty much at the max for Cat5/6 cable length; maybe your cable is marginal?

It sounds like you've already tested the Z68 with shorter cables and the problem only shows up when you exceed about 60m. If that's the case then the problem would appear to be either: 1) your particular MB is defective, or 2) the Broadcom chipset can't support longer cable lengths.

You could:
    Try another cable,
    Try a quality PCI-e lan card with, say, an Intel or NEC chipset (not sure which is better),
    Go wireless,
    Get a replacement Z68-pro3 MB
    Choose a completely different MB

Good luck.

Comment

Dear mmels,

We use 100 meters LAN cable to do the test with Z68 Pro3 and lan can work normally.

Please kindly reinstall the lan driver from below link to try.
      Link: http://www.asrock.com/mb/download.as...8%20Pro3&o=All

Or please kindly change another lan cable to try.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD Emily
      Last edited by ASRock TSD - Emily; 08-09-2011, 03:57 AM.

Comment

thank you for answer

my problem with m.b z68 pro 3

when i set up built in lan its give me x on the lan and no internet cable access this is my problem my dsl link connection speed type 100 MBPS and my older mobo ( ga 945 pl-s3p ) was tel me that dsl link connection speed type is 100 MBps .
        in my mobo stat its give x on the lan what should i do ?
        and when i try it with my friend cable ( he is close switch for this reason i said the mobo do snot access with net with cable taller than 60 meter )
        my board work .
        Last edited by mmels; 08-13-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

could any one answer me?

plz
          Last edited by mmels; 08-15-2011, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X