Dr debug error code 30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr debug error code 30?

last tuesday, i ordered the z68 professional gen3 motherboard and i got it the next day. after having problems with shorting out, the motherboard is stuck with error code 30. i'm not getting any video signal and my usb mouse and keyboard aren't turning on. what exactly does code 30 mean? in the manual, it says it's reserved for asl status codes. i don't know what that means. i've been without that computer for three weeks due to another motherboard problem so any help is appreciated.

Re: Dr debug error code 30?

Originally posted by bukkit View Post
    last tuesday, i ordered the z68 professional gen3 motherboard and i got it the next day. after having problems with shorting out, the motherboard is stuck with error code 30. i'm not getting any video signal and my usb mouse and keyboard aren't turning on. what exactly does code 30 mean? in the manual, it says it's reserved for asl status codes. i don't know what that means. i've been without that computer for three weeks due to another motherboard problem so any help is appreciated.
    I had the same problem (code 30) when I was setting up my board. I was breadboarding the MB to see if it would post, before I installed it in the case along with all the components. I had installed the CPU, HS, RAM, and connected a monitor to the onboard video. When I powerd up the system it wouldn't post and it would stop at code 30. Tried to inquire online in the forums and decided to fiddle some more with it, had 2 sticks of ram installed out of a package of 4, changed them around to other slots, still the same code before post. Tried the other 2 sticks and they were hard to seat in the slot so really had to use some force to get them seated. Gave it another go and lo and behold it got past code 30 and wound up posting and leaving me with a code A3, which is no big deal and can be changed when I get into the BIOS. I installed the other 2 sticks of RAM and went to post again, and again couldn't get past code 30. Reseated the new sticks of RAM I just put in, fired the board up and bingo, the board posted and showed my 16GB of RAM along with code A3Check your RAM, hope this helps.

Comment

I've tried reseating the ram twice and I'm still stuck on code 30, I know it's going in all the way. The first code I see is code 19 if that's any help. Any other idea?

Comment

Have you shut down the computer and then hit the Clear CMOS button to see if that changes the code state? Is your ram compatable to this board(check manufactures website)? Also have you got the the 8 pin power supply connected along with the 24pin on to the motherboard, as sometimes people forget.And have you tried single RAM in different slots, and if possible check to see if the RAM is good or faulty. If all this checks out and you are testing with just bare minimum of components hooked up (motherboard with CPU, HS, RAM, powere supply and a monitor) the only other things to check would be to see if any pins are bent on the CPU or on the motherboard. I was on another forum and somebody else was having the same problem and pulled the CPU and there was a couple of bent pins on the motherboard. Hopefully this is not you situation, but I can't think of anything else other that removing the CMOS chip overnight and replacing it in the morning to see if it resets itself to default settings. Oh, one more thing check to see if your power supply is good or not. Maybe someone esle will jump in with some other ideas, and if you get the problem fixed, post back what the cure was, as it may help somebody esle in the same situation, because there isn't alot of info on code 30. Good Luck!
        Last edited by cohibaman; 08-20-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

I did everything you suggested except single ram in different slots, I'll do that soon. Everything still gave me code 30. I left the CMOS battery out overnight. Checked the pins, they weren't bent. Bent pins is the reason I have this board now, so I'm more careful. My ram isn't on the compatible list, but I read some reviews on newegg, and some of the reviews had ram that also wasn't on the compatible list so I figured it wasn't updated. I'm stuck on this, have no idea what to do.

Comment

Just an update. The motherboard speaker I ordered came today and I get no beeps. On the asrock website, I read that no beep means a bad cpu or bad memory, but the debug code would be 45 or nothing if I go by the AMI UEFI BIOS codes. Another website said no beeps means the power supply could be bad. I'll try using this power supply since it's the same wattage. Could putting a processor in the socket with bent pins damage it?

Comment

Dear bukkit,

Debug code shows "45", it maybe related to your memory.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
              1. Please insert your memory module in the white DRAM slot then try again.
              2. Please unplug your memory and replug in then make sure your memory module is installed properly.
              3. Please only install a stick memory by turns to check your two stick memory are fine.
              4. If possible, please kindly change other memory for testing.

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
              Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
              ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Just an update. The motherboard speaker I ordered came today and I get no beeps. On the asrock website, I read that no beep means a bad cpu or bad memory, but the debug code would be 45 or nothing if I go by the AMI UEFI BIOS codes. Another website said no beeps means the power supply could be bad. I'll try using this power supply since it's the same wattage. Could putting a processor in the socket with bent pins damage it?
                I found that with code 30 I had no beeps (thought speaker was faulty), but when I disconneted the power cord to the dedicated graphics card, and powered on, the speaker was beeping like crazy. Also I think you only get a single beep from the speaker when your board passes all of the diagnostic stages (runs all through the numbers in the CMOS) and then it will post on screen and show your system & BIOS info, and the code will showing (on my computer) A3, which can be corrected when you enter into the BIOS. Not sure about CPU & bent pins in a socket, only way to tell I'd figure, is to test CPU on another board. Read an article on how to staighten bent pins if you carefully use one of those refillable lead pencils and remove the lead and use the hole where the lead used to come out of and slip it over the pin and carefully can bend it back. Other wise I think bent pins = no warranty & no RMA(check from where board was purchased) . It might be worth try if you got nothing to lose? And as far as the power supply, mine was new, and I had it tested before I left the shop and I still would not get no beeps when the CMOS stopped at code 30.
                Last edited by cohibaman; 08-23-2011, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                  Dear bukkit,

Debug code shows "45", it maybe related to your memory.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
                  1. Please insert your memory module in the white DRAM slot then try again.
                  2. Please unplug your memory and replug in then make sure your memory module is installed properly.
                  3. Please only install a stick memory by turns to check your two stick memory are fine.
                  4. If possible, please kindly change other memory for testing.

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
                  Thanks for your support!

Have a nice day
                  ASRock TSD Emily
                  I guess I worded my post wrong, I should have code 45 if it was bad memory with no beeps but it's still code 30. Do you have any help with code 30? cohibaman, what kind of ram do you have?

Comment

I guess I worded my post wrong, I should have code 45 if it was bad memory with no beeps but it's still code 30. Do you have any help with code 30? cohibaman, what kind of ram do you have?
                    I am using Corsair Vengence CMZ16GX3M4A 1600C9 CL9-9-9-24 DDR3, which is 16GB, and comes packaged as a matched set.(4x4GB)

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. I've tried a different video card and different ram which I know works because it's being used as I type, I'm still getting code 30. I'm sure a damaged processor would give me a different code. I think I'll have to RMA it.

Comment

How'd it go? Im having the same problem. Asus Maximus IV Extreme MB LGA 1155, intel core i7 2600k.

Comment

Working...
                        X