Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand new 939A790GMH won't boot

Hello,

I just upgraded my old socket 939 with my brand new ASRock 939A790GMH. Have fitted my Athlon 64 FX-60 processor and matched pair of Corsair 1GB DDR-400 memory sticks from my previous 939 board, plugged in the two power connectors to my PSU, USB keyboard, DVI out to monitor and test booted with all components sitting open air on my desk. Completely dead, no beep, no video initialisation

After some faffing I can get the board to boot * intermittently* to BIOS provided the keyboard is NOT plugged in and only one stick of memory is installed. From then on I can plug the keyboard into any USB socket and it works fine, and the board will reboot as many times as I care to try until I cut the power and switch back on, then it's dead again until it feels like booting. I have so far never got the board to boot with 2 memory sticks or the keyboard plugged in

I never came across motherboard behaviour like this - I'm not sure if this board is faulty or has some nasty BIOS bug, or I have managed to fry my processor or memory sticks during the transfer, but they were all working fine the last couple of years and I was using anti-static precautions so I'll surprised if they are really fried

Clear CMOS jumper and BIOS defaults once the thing boots have not helped to get a consistent boot. Any ideas would be much appreciated

Components:
    Athlon 64 FX-60 (ADAFX60DAA6CD)
    Zalman flower cooler, copper base
    Seasonic X-560 / SS-560KM 560W PSU
    2x Matched Corsair TwinX PC3200 1GB DDR-400 (CMX1024-3200C2PT XMS CL2)
Working...
X