Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 problems

Hello all,I have this motherboard from few days and there are some problems.1. Mouse is not working correctly in UEFI and some bootable programs, like Acronis True Image.2. I can't make and restore disk image because Acronis True Image don't recognize my disks ( I have 3).3. After installing Creative X-Fi PCI sound card (without any error) I have in Windows 7 x64 only silence and in Windows XP some squeaks and 12-14% CPU usage from hardware interrupts.My previous board was ABIT IP-35 Pro (happily I still have it) and no problems.Gustav

Re: Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 problems

The mouse issues seem to be a known problem that has so far resulted in a number of beta BIOS versions none of which have solved this for me. If Acronis cannot see your disks are you running it from within Windows or from a bootable Acronis disk, if the latter you need to make sure the disk interface drivers are available.

I'd be inclined to stick with the on-board HD sound.

Andi.
    Last edited by andicole0; 09-17-2011, 08:17 AM.
    Intel Core i7 3770K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 16GB Corsair Vengence, OCZ Agility 3 360GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX680 SLI. 2 x DVDRW.
    Win 7 SP1. Logitech Z5450, Corsair H60, Zalman Level 10 GT Case.

Comment

Thank you for the answer. I am using Z68 board now and bootable Acronis True Image from CD. I will try later with other applications from bootable CD or DVD like Hirens Boot-CD. I like my Creative X-Fi card but maybe the only solution is onboard sound. Gustav.

Comment

Dear Gustav,

About mouse under UEFI question, please kindly provide your e-mail and detail model name of your mouse for me.

I will check this.

About Creative X-Fi sound card, please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
        1. Reinstall your sound card to try.
        2. Update the latest audio driver from Creative website to try.

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly provide model name of the sound card for me to checking.
        And what situation the symptom will occur?
        Playing game, watch video or listen music....

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

im using the fatil pci-e creative sound card.. 1000% ok, some people cant get working pci creative sound cards? ..(maybe bridge chip(sharing 1x ppci-e banswith, with lans+ pci-e 1 slots

Comment

Thanks all for the answers.

My sound card is Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series with front panel.
            My mouse is Logitech G5.
            Last day I reinstalled sound card and cleaned system (Windows 7 x64) with Driver Sweeper.
            I try installing Creative driver (old and newest) and PAX driver in safe and normal mode.
            I can hear only very silent "click" every 4-5 seconds. The is no other sounds.

With best regards,
            Gustav

Comment

Dear Gustav,

About mouse issue, please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send a beta BIOS to you for testing.

About sound card question,
              Due to we don't have the sound card on our side, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system first.
              We also try to get the sound card for testing.
              Thanks!

Have a nice day
              ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Dear ASRock TSD Emily

I have checked my sound card in Sunday (I set up my old motherboard on the 3 chairs, because I need to deactivate licence for Photoshop). The SB X-Fi is working.

With best regards,
                Gustav
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                  Dear Gustav,

About mouse issue, please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send a beta BIOS to you for testing.

About sound card question,
                  Due to we don't have the sound card on our side, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system first.
                  We also try to get the sound card for testing.
                  Thanks!

Have a nice day
                  ASRock TSD Emily
                  Hi Emily, what version Beta BIOS are we up to now the last I received was 1.12 and still no joy.

Andi.
                  Intel Core i7 3770K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 16GB Corsair Vengence, OCZ Agility 3 360GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX680 SLI. 2 x DVDRW.

Comment

Dear andicole0,

The latest BIOS of Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 is L1.12.

Could you tell me what symptom do you encounter?

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                    ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Dear andicole0,

The latest BIOS of Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 is L1.12.

Could you tell me what symptom do you encounter?

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                      ASRock TSD Emily
                      Hi Emily, Yes I suffer from the inverted mouse problem and had v1.12 from tech support last week, my mouse is still inverted when using the UEFI, in Windows it's fine.

Cheers.

Andi.

Comment

Dear Andi,

Please kindly provide the model name of your mouse for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
                        ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Dear Andi,

Please kindly provide the model name of your mouse for me, I will check this.

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day
                          ASRock TSD Emily
                          I usea Logitech G400 on a USB 2 port. I received 1.12A from tech support this morning and the mouse still goes up for left and left for up. It is fine in Windows.

Cheers.

Andi.

Comment

HI, i have registered just to add to the growing list of users with PCI card problem.
                            mine is also the Creative X-fi extremegamer. No sound at all and intermittent 'clicking' sound from the speaker. System seems to detect it as a valid card, everything shows, in the control panel and also allows me to choose default device in control panel->sounds.. but when i select this card it just will not output any sound.

Have tried plenty of ways
                            1. reinstall the drivers, re-sit the card (at least 3-5 times)
                            2. disable onboard sound in bios as well as in windows
                            3. reinstall LATEST (include new beta driver) from creative.

Looking at the complaints compiled, it quite obvious that something is wrong and many users are not ready to live with onboard sound because we have dedicated cards. Hope ASRock can look into this asap and liaises u with the company to release the driver to patch this thing up.

My account is posted here;
                            Asrock Mobo Owners' Klub at HWZone (AMOK@HWZ) - Page 16 - www.hardwarezone.com.sg

Comment

Dear ASRock TSDI have tested today the beta BIOS but without luck. Thank you for the efforts.With best regards,Gustav

Comment

Working...
                              X