• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Dual Channel Ram Problem

I have just bought a

ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Motherboard

and Corsair Memory XMS3 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 Dual Channel Desktop

Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 Dual Channel Ram Problem

hi there ive been getting a lot of random BSOD's and programs failing at random using the same mother board with 4 sticks of ram after a lot of trying and testing reinstalling every driver i could possibly find even spent 30$ for a tool to do that..
    i downloaded the latest memtest and ran it and after about three mins i got the red screen of death. lol lots of memory issues about 180000 errors before i stopped it pulled all of the sticks out and tested them individually and they ran fine put 2 back in in dual channel mode and ran memtest. i still got errors.. i tried lowering the frequency didnt do anything after about 4-5 hours of testing i ended up just turning the voltage up from 1.5 too 1.6v ran memtest for an hour and got 0 errors. system has been stable ever since. will test loading using prime tonight.

intel 2600 standard
    asrock z68 extreme7 gen 3
    4x4gb 2133mhz ripjaw ram
    2x60gb vertex3 ssd's
    gtx 580 gainward
    980w psu

not sure if it will help but has worked for me so far

cameron

Comment

Similiar problem here. Memory is GSKILL Ripjaws X 2133 (4x4GB) Model F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD. Some observations...

1. All four DIMM's together work fine at default BIOS speeds up to 1866.

2. When using lanes A2 and B2 only(2X4GB) memory works fine at 2133.

3. When using lanes A1 and B1 only(2X4GB) computer will not boot at 2133. Works fine at 1866 and less.

4. When using all four DIMM's, system will not boot at 2133 speed(9-11-9-28). Works fine at 1866 and less.

5. System seems to work fine with any combination as long as max speed is < 2133.

6. All of the above is also true in "turbo 50" mode. Though, "turbo 50" sets the speed of the ram to 2133 so this is basically the same issue. Turbo 50 works great as long as the only to lanes populated are A2 and B2. No A1, B1 or A1,B1,A2,B2 functionality.

RMA'd the first motherboard. Same issue with the second. I don't think it's the memory because memtest returned 0 errors at 2133 as long as it was in A2 and B2, no matter which 2 sticks I was using(tried all combinations) and no combination of the memory will work at 2133 in lanes A1 and B1.

I am also willing to try anything. Any suggestions?

Comment

Update...

RMA'd the memory for the exact same type and everything works as advertised. Very, very happy with this board now. BTW, in response to one of the other posts in this thread, I am running my memory at 1.680V, and it is very stable and extremely delicious.

Comment

Working...
        X