ASROCK Z68 Pro gen3 no post at all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Z68 Pro gen3 no post at all.

Hi, I building a new rig and right off the bat I can't even get it to post and my saetek keyboard does not come on either. My specs are ::
    ASROCK pro gen3 fatality mobo
    intel 2600k cpu
    g.skill ripjaws memory
    corsair 850 psu
    evga gtx570

I started out with all 4 4 gig mem sticks installed, then went down to 2
    I also tried another video card with same result.
    DR Debug# 45

Any help is appreciated.
    John

Re: ASROCK Z68 Pro gen3 no post at all.

hi, i have the same problem. i have the extreme7 gen 3 though. the problem is the motherboard. its unable to run dual memory mode. if you put a stick of ram in slot B1 and a slot in B2 it will load up and you will not get the 45 code error.

at the moment i have not found out hoe to fix it so you can use 4 sticks of ram but will let you know when i find out

Comment

Thanks but I think I have some bad ram. I have 4 sticks. I have 2 sticks that will work in slots 1-3 and slots 2-4. When I try the other 2 sticks in slots 1-3 or 2-4 I get no post. So to me this indicates that all 4 ram slots on the board are working and 2 of my ram sticks are defective. I'm I right? Should I RMA the ram?

Comment

its the dual ram mode that doesn't work. iv asked asrock and they have said its a fault with the dual ram mode. it will work in single mode.

Comment

Yes but why do 2 of the sticks work and the others don't? Aren't the 2 working sticks in slots 1-3 or 2-4 in dual mode? They show in bios.

Comment

not quite sure on the setup of that board. in the manual it says that its dual channel but its not supporting all 4 stick in dual channel.

the two sticks that are out now, do they work in slots 1 and 3?

Comment

Yes, they work in slots 1-3 and 2-4

but the other 2 sticks do not work at all which leads me to believe it is the ram.

I wish I had do other ram to check.

Comment

Dear all,

Debug code shows "45", it maybe related to your memory.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
                1. Please insert your memory module in the white or black DRAM slot then try again.
                2. Please unplug your memory and replug in then make sure your memory module is installed properly.
                3. Please only install a stick memory by turns to check four sticks memory are fine.
                4. If possible, please kindly change other memory for testing.

If the problem still cannot be sovled, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
                Thanks!

Have a nice day
                ASRock TSD
                Emily

Comment

I was getting the same issues. But what I did was put 3 RAM into the A1 B1 and A2 slots and it booted up. If you already messed with the BIOS reset the CMOS on the back panel of the motherboard. Once you can get into the BIOS. change the timings on the RAM to 1333. The motherboard changes the stock timings of 1866 to 1600; but if found that all 4 sticks only work when its at 1333. Hopefully that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by raulmh661 View Post
                    I was getting the same issues. But what I did was put 3 RAM into the A1 B1 and A2 slots and it booted up. If you already messed with the BIOS reset the CMOS on the back panel of the motherboard. Once you can get into the BIOS. change the timings on the RAM to 1333. The motherboard changes the stock timings of 1866 to 1600; but if found that all 4 sticks only work when its at 1333. Hopefully that works for you.
                    Hey thanks alot! I will try that if my new ram that I'm waiting for does the same thing. Last night I tried some A-DATA ddr3 ram I have in another machine and none of the sticks worked in any combination. I was disappointed.

Comment

I have the same exact problem, where I have a Z68 Extreme 4 Gen 3 motherboard and 4 sticks of 4GB Corsair Vengence RAM (1600 timing). No matter what sticks I put in what slots, I can only get my system to boot up if I have a stick in the B1 or B2 slots. If I put a stick in the A1 or A2 slots (even if there's no other sticks in B1 or B2), I get the annoying debug 45 code.

Is there any chance the latest BIOS update fixes this? Just curious before I try to RMA the board.

Thanks!

Comment

I upgraded my pro board with the latest bios with no results.

Comment

Nuts, thanks for the feedback tjohn. Did you return your board, or did you just resort to using 1 or 2 sticks of RAM in single channel mode?

As with any RMA, I'm nervous of a production problem that would suggest there's still a risk of this issue in a replacement board. So, I'm hesitant to send it back to NewEgg for a new one, not knowing if they have a supply that might still have this problem.

Comment

Well I don't have the Extreme board, I have the pro fatality model. I RMA'd the RAM first and I'll try setting it to something other than stock timings. If that doesn't work I'll be in touch with ASROCK

Comment

I RMA'd the MB, CPU, GPU, and RAM today. Not being 100% sure what the issue could be, I'm hoping a new set of these would solve the issue. I've been reading a lot of forums about the ASRock Z68 Pro Gen 3 MB and a lot of people are experiencing these issues. There are also some who haven't. I'm not sure if its the RAM that is causing issues, but if, and when, I receive my new parts, I will test out the set up and see if it runs the same. I'll keep you posted. If you do happen to find a solution to this issue, please pm me or email me. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X