Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Debug Code D6 for Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3

Hello,

Just joined this forum to try to research my issue. This is my first computer build ever, and it has been not gone well. The debug code pauses on A23, then stops at D6 with several beeps. Nothing appears on screen. I've done some research and have seen some people have RMA'd with this set of circumstances, and I just want to be sure I'm not missing anything before doing so. I see others had luck by reseating the graphics card and/or clearing CMOS. Not me. I've tried various combinations of SATA cables and cable slot positions also. I've moved the graphics card to different "lanes" and swapped the graphics card from my main computer into the case with no luck. It doesn't appear the graphics card has any power (no leds, or spinning fans). I seated and unseated the graphics card power supply. I swapped out the HDMI cable for a DVI cable. I moved the RAM into different dual channel configurations. I've checked and rechecked the connections. Am I just having some bad luck with a bad board or is there anything else I can try?

The rest of the build is:

Gigabyte Radeon 6870 (GV-R687OC-1GD)
    Core I3-2100
    Rosewill Future Case and PSU (RG630-S12 630W)
    G. Skill Ripsaw 4Gx2 DDR3 (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL)
    Samsung Spinpoint 1TB drive (HD103S)
    Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive (SH-B123L)

Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide.

Regards,
    Bernard

Re: Dr. Debug Code D6 for Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3

Try using the second PCIE slot(PCIE2). That worked for me, but that still doesn't explain why it doesn't work in the first slot.

Comment

Re: Dr. Debug Code D6 for Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3

Thanks, I had actually tried that and reseating the CPU, to no avail. I RMA'd the board and will hope for better luck next time.

Bernard

Originally posted by cobra889 View Post
      Try using the second PCIE slot(PCIE2). That worked for me, but that still doesn't explain why it doesn't work in the first slot.

Comment

Working...
      X