Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflashed BIOS ASRock P67 Extreme4 not reading USB keyboard, and wont post

ASRock P67 Extreme4 motherboard.
    When I first booted up I was able to enter the BIOS with my Logitech G510 gaming USB keyboard. I installed Windows 7 x64bit and everything was fine. I flashed the BIOS to the latest version 2.10 from their website http://www.asrock.com/<wbr>mb/download.asp?Model=P67%<wbr>20Extreme4&o=BIOS
    The Instant flash one (very top download).
    After flashing the BIOS it flashed successfully and now USB keyboards do not work and the computer will not even POST with a USB keyboard inserted. I put a PS/2 keyboard in and it POSTs and boost up fine. I checked the BIOS and USB legacy is enabled.

Any clues as to why the latest BIOS does not support USB keyboards?
    If I cannot get this resolved by today I will purchase a new MOBO that is not ASSRock and return this to newegg because posting a new version of BIOS update and it not supporting USB keyboards is far to amateur for me...

Re: Reflashed BIOS ASRock P67 Extreme4 not reading USB keyboard, and wont post

I'm having the exact same issue--before flashing I could use USB keyboard/mouse as long as it was not plugged into the blue USB 3.0 ports. After using the instant flash in windows to 1.10, I have to unplug my keyboard to get past the BIOS splash screen.

I'm using a razer keyboard that uses 2 USB ports, if that makes a differnece.

Any help is appreciated, pretty annoying to have to unplug and replug my keyboard everytime I boot or reboot.

Comment

Yep! seems to be an issue with the ASRock Z68 UEFI...
      My hard drive restarted and wanted to do some self-diagnostics, or quit were the choices.
      I couldn't do anything but wait for the Check Disk to complete.

Also I loaded a CD with a HDD imaging program, also DOS driven, no can use...
      I'm kinda hoping I don't need to re-image the PC anytime soon... Hell I haven't even created one, yet

What is ASRock support doing about this?

Anyone got a good old used up PS2 KBoard for Sale :)

ASRock might create a new market for PS2 (again)
      Last edited by tmemphis; 10-09-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

you have to re-enable usb keyboard and mouse in the bios,and re-enable usb legacy storage or usb storage devices,names may vary from mb to mb,when you flash the bios it resets everything back to defaults thus disabling usb keyboard ect
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          you have to re-enable usb keyboard and mouse in the bios,and re-enable usb legacy storage or usb storage devices,names may vary from mb to mb,when you flash the bios it resets everything back to defaults thus disabling usb keyboard ect
          Yes I have these setting already turned on. Also went and checked and they are enable

Any other help would be appreciated...

Comment

You could email asrock support,tell them the model number of your keyboard/Usb stick and mouse ect,and they might include them in their next bios release
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

There are 4 keyboard settings in the bios for USB support-- I have all of them enabled.

I did get the keyboard to work again after reverting back to the 1.00 version bios and using the USB 2.0 ports. Hopefully a future bios revision will fix this and the mouse issue all in the same package.

Comment

I have that same board, and I am using a Logitech k200 USB keyboard. After about 20 minutes of switching back and forth from the PS2 to the USB keyboards, I finally was able to get it to work in all areas (getting into the UEFI as well as selecting options before windows boot).

The way I did it was I set the USB legacy setting to Auto. that was the ONLY option that worked. If it was set to UEFI Only, then I could get into the UEFI, but not make any other option choices. (For raid setup for example). If it was disabled, the keyboard would just reboot the system every time I tried to get into the Bios. Enabling it would not allow access to the UEFI but worked all other times.

The ONLY way it works in all parts of the boot process is to set it to Auto for the USB. I also have the USB 3.0 set to enable. (Although that does not matter since the USB 3 ports will not work until boot is done or so I hear.)

This is with the v 1.10 version of the bios.
                Last edited by Angelis; 11-13-2011, 02:17 PM.

Comment

@Angelis, I did the same as you top get into the UEFI. But still, unless I use the PS Keyboard in DOS prompts, USB keyboard will not work. even to go into safe mode. I went and purchased a $20 PS2 Keyboard and have it there for emergencies only. This sucks!

Comment

I had the exact same problem with v1.1 bios on my P67 Extreme4 Gen3 with a microsoft keyboard -- I have to unplug the keyboard while it POSTs, but then I can plug it in and all is well. If the keyboard is plugged in from the beginning, it hard freezes at POST.

Comment

Hi bob8436,

Could you tell me the detail model name of your keyboard?

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
                      ASRock TSD
                      Emily

Comment

Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Comment

@ASRock TSD - Emily
                          This is a BIOS problem, why are you asking for the keyboard type. It happens with Logictech, iRock, M$ keyboards and generic brands that I've tested. PS 2 does not experience the problem. I have tried three and they all worked.

I went through all this with your support for them to tell me it was the drivers and to update them....???? now that make sense, right?
                          Funny thing was I just couldn't find the driver update in BIOS/UEFI, Duoo! thats right you can't do that in BIOS/UEFI.

Just fix your BIOS

Thank you
                          TM
                          Last edited by tmemphis; 11-30-2011, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X