EUFI Disabled USB 2 and USB 3 ... Now no keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EUFI Disabled USB 2 and USB 3 ... Now no keyboard

I was trying to take an image of my HDD and had no access in DOS to make the choice to start the program DriveXLM... So I reset the PC and went int UEFI and under USB setting it said to disable USB 3 (Under USB 2) if there was incompatibility issues, SO I did. I went back to Herin bootdisc and again no access. I reset and went to UEFI again and disabled USB 2 (Under USB 3) as it said the same as USB 3. So I restarted and this time no keyboard anywhere.

I then released this was not an incompatibility setting at all but rather the turning off of the USB ports. Now I have no keyborad to get back into the EUFI and basically have a disabled machine.

How do I fix this? I'm sure there is an easy way. Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------
    M0B: FATAL1TY Z68 Professional [BIOS 1.20.13A]
    CPU: Intel 2600k
    PSU: FATAL1TY 750w
    GPU: ASUS GTX550 TI 1024GB DDR5
    HDD: WD 10k RPM 300GB + RAID 5 [(5 x 2TB WD Enterprise Drives) SATA2]
    DVD: LG Blu ray light scribe
    RAM: 16GB (4x 4GB) G Skill DR3 1333Mhz PC3-10666 CL7(F3-10666-8GB??)
    CASE: Phantom White

Re: EUFI Disabled USB 2 and USB 3 ... Now no keyboard

Hi,

Maybe try a bios reset - not sure what the standard setting is in bios, but I think they will be enabled. If not the only other way perhaps is to use a ps2 adapter for your keyboard - that is if your board has a ps2 connector????

Mark

Comment

Thanks mark,
      I did the BIOS reset and nothing... I then did the old disconnect from the wall and remove the battery. Works every time :) All the USBs came back online
      The jumpers on the bord are usless as they did nothing. Also the manual covers jack-**** about re-setting the BIOS (Come EUFI)

Comment

I did this just yesterday on my H67M-ITX - chose some bad USB settings and then no keyboard.

Unplug power, move the jumper on the CMOS clear pins from 1/2 to 2/3 and leave it there for 10 seconds. Move the jumper back to pins 1/2. Plug the power back in, and power up.

Worked fine for me.

Comment

To properly drain, you need to remove power cable, remove battery, and hold down power button for ~5 seconds. Replace everything and boot up.

It also pays to keep an old serial keyboard around. Or use an adapter.
          My Rig
          CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE @ 4GHz
          RAD: Corsair H60 [2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15]
          MB: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
          RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz
          GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC
          SND: Asus Xonar Essence STX
          SSD: Cosair Force 3 60GB
          HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
          PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P
          CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

Comment