Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, what drivers and software do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, what drivers and software do I need?

I'm building a new PC in a couple days with the Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 board. I'm wondering what drivers and software I should install from here: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 > Download

thanks.

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, what drivers and software do I need?

Just installing the drivers is enough. Only install the CIR driver if you bought a separate ASRock remote with it. Only install Lucid Virtu if you have a PCI-e graphics card. You can probably skip the APP Charger.
    SATA RAID driver for floppy you only need during the Windows installlation if you are using RAID or AHCI mode for your SATA disks.

From the utilities the Extreme Tuning Utilities is useful. Maybe you like XFast USB. I would skip the rest.

Comment

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, what drivers and software do I need?

Originally posted by Hades View Post
      Just installing the drivers is enough. Only install the CIR driver if you bought a separate ASRock remote with it. Only install Lucid Virtu if you have a PCI-e graphics card. You can probably skip the APP Charger.
      SATA RAID driver for floppy you only need during the Windows installlation if you are using RAID or AHCI mode for your SATA disks.

From the utilities the Extreme Tuning Utilities is useful. Maybe you like XFast USB. I would skip the rest.
      I'll be using single ssd drive, from what I read before installing windows I need make sure ahci mode is enabled in the bios. so would I need sata raid drivers?

Comment

Working...
      X