Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZXT Phantom front panel USB w/ ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Hello all!

I have an issue with my current case/motherboard setup. I want to get my front panel USB connection for my Phantom case connected to my motherboard (to be clear, there are 2 front panel USB connections on the Phantom; however, it looks like there are 2 internal connections for the motherboard - a 4-pin connection that says USB that I plugged into one of the USB connections on the motherboard, and another blue connector that has a USB symbol on it that's larger - I can't find where to put that one), but I can't find the location anywhere. The USB connection I'm talking about is the blue-tipped connector that's tied together with the extra fan connections, etc. My motherboard is an ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: NZXT Phantom front panel USB w/ ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

That larger plug is for USB3 (the blue USB), I don't know your MOBO model so you'll have to look at the manual to see if it's setup for USB3.

Comment

Thanks for the info! It's set up for USB 3.0, but just on two of the back panel ports - so that makes sense that there's no internal motherboard connection for the front panel USB 3.0.

As a side note, I just gave NZXT a call, and they mentioned that I wouldn't be able to use that front panel USB 3.0 port without a connection or adapter for the motherboard, so I'm going to try to search for an adapter online (if there is such a thing).

Comment

you just need a splitter,mb usb3 splitter

something like this?

17CM USB 3.0 SuperSpeed Extension Cable 2 port splitter | eBay

or this for rear panel?

2 USB 3.0 Female to Motherboard 20-Pin cable adapter AB | eBay
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You got the right idea, but I need a male connection for the 20-pin motherboard connector. Like this:
          For only $2.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - USB 3.0 A Female to Box Header 20pin Male Adapter (Gold Plated) | USB 3.0 Adapters

Comment

I've got the z68extreme3pro3 and dont have that 20 pin socket ?!!

Comment

Correct, that board doesn't have a USB 3.0 20-pin socket on it. I love the board besides that, but it really could've used that connection. Check out my above link for an adapter to use instead, if you're so inclined.

Comment

Working...
              X