Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 970 Extreme4 Suddenly Not Working

Specs-
    AsRock 970 Extreme4 (Bios Revision 1.50)
    AMD 1055T @ 2.8 GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 5770
    12GB of DDR3 @ 1333MHz , 2 sticks of Patriot G2 Series (8GB), 2 sticks of Wintec AMPX (4GB)
    Western Digital 500GB
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
    ______________________________<wbr>________

Yesterday, the desktop fine. Today i sat down to turn it on, and after turning it on i received no video output to my Vizio Monitor Via the HDMI from my HD5770. On the Dr.Debug panel, the error code, 0x4F, refers to "DXL IPL is started" inside of my user manual. This doesn't sound like anything major, but still the system hangs on boot up at this point. It doesn't finish posting, it just hangs. I took my sticks of Memory out one by one to see if they were causing issues, and they were fine. I also disconnected my hard drives, they were fine as well. I also disconnected any other devices, Printer, Mouse, and Keyboard, to see if they were causing issues. Still getting stuck with this error.

I built this system last summer, and the most recent upgrade was the additional 8GB of ram from Patriot Memory. Those caused no issues and were a drop in upgrade for me. So far the system itself has been great up until this point where it does not want to POST. Any help with this issue would be greatly, appreciated. And i am sure the boards warranty is still in effect.

I have done a full debug of all the components, minus the Power Supply. I swapped out my video card for a different one, my processor for a Sempron, i've done my memory, hard drives as well.

I sent this same email to ASRocks support team and got an obvious robo-reply. I'd like the have the board replaced, and if that still does not work i will be moving on to a Gigabyte board, or an ASUS. Someone give me some ideas on what to do here.

Thank you.

Re: ASRock 970 Extreme4 Suddenly Not Working

I believe the code shown on Dr. Debug is passed and the issue is around the next code (which is not passed). According to your board's manual, the next code is 0x50 which describes to:
    "Memory initialization error. Invalid memory type or incompatible memory speed"

Comment

Working...
    X