ASRock X79 Extreme9 and Game Blaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock X79 Extreme9 and Game Blaster

So I have no clue what to do, everything I keep trying just doesn't work. I have dual 7970's and the Motherboard itself only has one PCIE X1 slot. I needed that slot for a wireless card so I didn't think I would need the Game Blaster. I was wrong. I have no way to get sounds from my computer. The only other way would have been to plug the audio plug onto the motherboard from the Phantom case on the top. I quickly discovered, there isn't one. It is on the Game Blast. I tried to install the Game Blaster in the last PCIE slot on the motherboard but it doesn't work. Is my only option to just forgo sound on a brand new computer and buy a headset (I really don't like them) that has a USB plug? I have no clue how to keep a setup for some sound, and some wireless internet, which is my only way to connect. The wireless card does great in the PCIE 3 slot. That is as far as it goes. I tried putting it in the last slot and windows refused to work. I took it out of that slot and back in the PCIE slot 3, and it worked.

My old 790i could do audio on the motherboard itself so a wireless card was easy to have with two GTX 260s. So wait let me sum the questions up sorry.

Does Game Blaster HAVE to be in the PCIE 3 slot on the X79 Extreme9 motherboard?
    Does Game Blaster work in other slots? If so how to I get my computer to recognize it and use it?
    Are there wireless cards I could use in PCIE x16 slots that wont make me want to rip my hair out?

Thank you.

Re: ASRock X79 Extreme9 and Game Blaster

Use a pci-e riser cable under your GFX card to add extra hardware to your 1x slot

Comment

Working...
    X