2.10 bios update killed Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2.10 bios update killed Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

I have ADBlock extension in my Firefox and still pop up is being shown.
    So don't blame ASRock for your lack of experience and rush.

Comment

Gents, here's how I've solved this problem.

Did exactly like khel described in 1st post and ended on blank screen (after "update successful - press any key to reboot") with code 32 on mainboard.

Being anxious and frustrated i've rebooted the PC and got code 00. Here's the fun part: with PC shutoff and USB stick plugged, i've long pressed the "CLR CMOS" button on the back panel and PC powered on by itself, finished the damn BIOS update and all sorted out for me.

Hope this works for you aswell.

Comment

I was a ninny and removed the USB drive after it said "hit any key to reboot" (2.30 bios)

After that it would reboot over and over....

What I did to fix it was disable the Intel rapid start and smart connect in the bios.

After that it booted right into Windows.

Originally posted by khel View Post
        I have i5 2500k CPU and Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 mobo. Everything worked fine until I've decided to update bios to 2.1 in hopes of changing CPU to IB in near future.
        I've used USB memory stick to flash it. It went without a hitch and it did say that "... update successful - press any key to reboot". So I did and that's when all the problems started.

It wouldn't POST. Just powers on and in a couple of seconds powers off, then powers on again and off - the cycle continues endlessly :/
        Before it powers off dubug shows code 59.

I unplubbed it from the wall... I've tried to clear CMOS with a button, jumper, by removing battery - nothing helps.

I've never had problems with officially released BIOS updates before this MBs.. :(

Any other ideas?? Or RMA is the only option?

Comment

ASRock is very helpful as I've come to experience twice. The delay in getting help was I couldn't send my memory for testing to ASRock as it was my only ram, and Mushkin was unwilling at first to assist.

After many months and several production BIOS releases from ASRock I was no further along towards a resolution, so then I finally managed to get ASRock and Mushkin to communicate directly.

While my 996999 Red Line modules from Mushkin are now EOL, Mushkin sent similar ram to ASRock for testing, and afterwards ASRock produced a new beta bios 2.32C for me to try. This new beta BIOS fixed my issue.

I'm now running 4 x 4gb using XMP and memory running at 7-8-7-24 CR2 @ 1600mhz on my Ivy Bridge which is as it used to run on Sandy Bridge without issue.

Apparently the Ivy Bridge BIOS needed to have it's timings tweaked for this ram.

I'm getting over 19MB/sec read & write bandwidth, and 21MB/sec +/- copy with this ram again, 41.3ns latency (all stats per AIDA64). It had dropped to 16Mb/sec +/- when it was running 9-9-9-24 @ 1333mhz until the BIOS was fixed.

Thanks ASRock! Thanks Emily!
          Last edited by Undermoose; 07-28-2012, 06:18 AM.

Comment

I have few questions.

I have z68 pro3 gen3 with i5 2500k and I tried to update firmware to 2.30.
            I am one of those few people who accidentally (or more like normally) pulled out USB drive after the first firmware update.
            (Actually, I pulled it out right after the second one started, and I was like
            Despite the fact that it was pulled out, the second firmware update has been processed (not sure if it was fully or like half way but I strongly believe that it was half way) and system rebooted after.
            The problem I am having with my system is that it takes about 5 minutes to go through POST.

So the questions are...
            - Is there a way for me to just update Intel ME Firmware version 7 to 8?
            - Also, how do I check Intel ME firmware? Few people were asking for it also but this has not been answered.
            - Anything I can do?

Thanks in advance and please it would be really great if you can provide me any information relating to my issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Undermoose View Post
              ASRock is very helpful as I've come to experience twice. The delay in getting help was I couldn't send my memory for testing to ASRock as it was my only ram, and Mushkin was unwilling at first to assist.

After many months and several production BIOS releases from ASRock I was no further along towards a resolution, so then I finally managed to get ASRock and Mushkin to communicate directly.

While my 996999 Red Line modules from Mushkin are now EOL, Mushkin sent similar ram to ASRock for testing, and afterwards ASRock produced a new beta bios 2.32C for me to try. This new beta BIOS fixed my issue.

I'm now running 4 x 4gb using XMP and memory running at 7-8-7-24 CR2 @ 1600mhz on my Ivy Bridge which is as it used to run on Sandy Bridge without issue.

Apparently the Ivy Bridge BIOS needed to have it's timings tweaked for this ram.

I'm getting over 19MB/sec read & write bandwidth, and 21MB/sec +/- copy with this ram again, 41.3ns latency (all stats per AIDA64). It had dropped to 16Mb/sec +/- when it was running 9-9-9-24 @ 1333mhz until the BIOS was fixed.

Thanks ASRock! Thanks Emily!
              So this BIOS 2.32C was very stable, except during boot up the PC would occasionally hang. Very annoying in fact, but very stable otherwise. The new Windows 8 BIOS 2.33A has fixed the lock up issue now too. Finally a BIOS without issue for me, and running Windows 7 still.

Comment

Working...
              X