Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Display on Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Display on Screen

Hello, i have bought a Motherboard Z68 Extrem3 Gen3, i installed all the components and all seems to work fine, but when i plug the DVI Cable, i have no response on the screen, I put a Gigabyte GTX 550 Video Card, Intel i7 3770k PRocessor, memory ram Kingston Hyper Blu 4GB x 2 1600 Mhz, and i want to if i have to a solution, or i will have to RMA Thanks.

Re: Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 - Display on Screen

You will have to put on bios 2.1, and borrow a older cpu to flash it, or buy a cheap celeron g530. Because you have a new ivybridge cpu, they are not compatible with this motherboard straight out of the box.
    Last edited by deanryan; 06-03-2012, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Thanks you, but with the new ivy bridge cpu, the computer dont work in any way? cuz the Dr debug has a number 55, and i thought it were the memory ram problem, compatibility, because the pc when i turn it on, it start well, not shut down, and the Dr debug, just put number 55, i believe, if the motherboard hasn't the bios, at least it will show something on the screen, like "CPu not recognized" but at least show something on the screen.. Thanks btw fast response ^^
      Last edited by miloosj; 06-03-2012, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Somebody else posted the same issue last week and they had no screen display either, so im sure its the cpu and not the ram.

Comment

I hope you are right, ill try to get the cpu to flash the bios, but i wont have it until the other week, so i post if it works or not, to help ppl who has this problem in future.. Thanks for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by miloosj View Post
            I hope you are right, ill try to get the cpu to flash the bios, but i wont have it until the other week, so i post if it works or not, to help ppl who has this problem in future.. Thanks for the answer.
            Can i flash mine? look my gear ii'm not having response from my video card and the odd thing is that used to work fine a week ago ... i tested another video card that actually works and nothing happens still no display only onboard working, i have a Zotac Gtx nvidia 570

computer used to work fine then 1 day just turned down and its like there is no PCI express anymore :S bios is fine i checked :S

Comment

Working...
            X