Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X79 Extreme 4 1394 guid invalid in both CMOS and Flash

Hi guys
    I hope someone can offer some advice on this.
    I have sent numerous emails to Asrock support without a single answer apart from the auto response to say that my emails were received. Is this normal From them?
    Now to my problem..
    I was having occasional lockups with the system but mostly it was going well, I decided to update bios to try and fix lock ups.
    I updated bios on the x79 extreme 4 to the latest, 2.0. Updater said completed and to reboot PC after which the PC would not boot at all.
    I got a new bios chip and this fixed the boot problem with a side effect which is now
    during post, the message comes up saying 1394 guid invalid in both CMOS and Flash press F1 to continue.
    Pressing F1 gets me into windows but is not really ideal on a board that is only 7mths old.

The system is i7 3090k, 16gb g-skill 1866mhz ddr3, wd 1Tb sata hdd, Gtx570, 850W cooler master psu
    Not over-clocked
    Thanks in advance

Re: X79 Extreme 4 1394 guid invalid in both CMOS and Flash

Take out battery, for 5min, replace it, PSU off/ hit power button remove power on board then clear CMOS with jumper, wait 5, restart and set BIOS.

Can't be positive it will or won't work.

Comment

Turns out The only way to fix this problem is to use fwguid tool from asrock.
      Emily sent this to me and it solved the problem.
      If you remove the battery on an asrock motherboard, it seems to loose information that most other manufacturers boards don't and you have to use a utility to enter the missing info.
      Problem solved
      Thanks

Comment

I'm having the same problem with my current build, X79 Asrock Extreme 4...

I've downloaded some ASrock tools, refering to a yellow label next to the floppy connector as a 8-bit phrase... i dont see it on the board as no floppy connector is present...

Please help me out here EMil :)

Where do i find the 1394 GUID on the ASrock X79 Extreme 4?

Comment

i have some problem with A 75 Extreme6 ..
          please emily send me email to fix that problem..
          or visit http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...tml#post439128
          thank you very much

Comment

Working...
          X