z68 Pro3 with I5-2500k, flash to 2.10 to fix problems.. failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z68 Pro3 with I5-2500k, flash to 2.10 to fix problems.. failed

I've been having random power offs for a while now. I'll be playing some random game, and boom, computer powers off. When it restarts (right away) my keyboard (Razer Anasi) isn't active until Windows begins loading. I assumed at first it was a heat issue, but keep my temps visible, and they never pass 45-50c (mobo, cpu or video card). Then I thought I may be peaking above my 630w power supply, so I replaced it with an 850. Same issue.

After some research, it appeared to be a Bios version 1.3 problem. The only bios update on ASRock's website was 2.10 so I flashed to that. The flash was successful, and on rebooting, my keyboard was active right away. Problem is, now when Windows first begins to start, I get a blue screen that flashes up and goes away before I'm able to view the error, and the computer restarts.

I tried reflashing 2.1 several times with the same results, and then tried 1.5 and 1.6, neither of which are recognized in Instant Flash. I cleared the CMOS (using the connector, not a screw driver >.>) and it cleared, but is still 2.1 with the same too-fast-to-read blue screen. I saw there was a RAM issue associated with this bios update, but my ram is recognized in the EUFI.

I removed the CMOS battery this morning before work, hoping that somehow it'll restore to factory default, but if not what are my options? Can I flash to a prior bios version (I know warnings say not to) or am I required to buy a new CMOS chip?

Thanks in advance.

Re: z68 Pro3 with I5-2500k, flash to 2.10 to fix problems.. failed

Resetting CMOS battery did not "unflash", so I'm now stuck either finding a previous flash version that will work, or replacing the cmos chip. Is there a BIOS version that does not have the hardware/keyboard issues that 1.30 has?

Comment

New updates: I've tried 1.6, 2.20 and 2.30 ROM files on a fat32 flash drive, but Instant Flash keeps saying "No Image Files Detected".

Probably a chance the 2.10 corrupted the USB drivers or something, and its not even recognizing it. Is there a way to browse for files for the flash, or am I just really SoL?

Comment

Do you have RAID?

Comment

Dear brendolino,

Please kindly refer to below link to double check your model name.
          Link: ASRock > Support > Model Name Finding

If you still cannot flash BIOS normally, please kindly provide your e-mail for me via PM.
          I will help you to check it.

Thank you very much!

Have a nice day
          ASRock TSD
          Emily

Comment

afaik 2.10 bios are for Ivi Bridge cpu's. And it have warning that if your system runs well - then installin 2.10 is for your own risk.
            ps. using bios v1.70 for a year now - everything runs smooth, except i had problems with ati 7870 gpu (which was just crap from ati side)

Comment

Hi!

I have this same problem with my z68 pro3 MB after flashing bios 2.1. I had version 1.6 before and was having problems with keyboard and mouse. Bios flash solved that but now I get blue screens after each boot and then a restart before I can even read what the bluescreen says. Cant Access windows even in safe mode. Have also cleared cmos, no help.

Intel i5 2500k
              2 x 8gb 1600mhz
              Samsung 830 120gb ssd
              Asus gtx 680 cuii top

Any adwise?

Comment

Someone told me to check if sata mode is still AHCI after cmos clear. Have to check when I get back home.

Comment

Yep that solved my problem. Cmos clear reset the sata mode Back to IDE. Thats why it didnt let me boot to windows :)

Working just fine now with bios 2.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Aenpar View Post
                    Yep that solved my problem. Cmos clear reset the sata mode Back to IDE. Thats why it didnt let me boot to windows :)

Working just fine now with bios 2.1.
                    win8?

Comment

No, this was win7.

Comment

Originally posted by Aenpar View Post
                        No, this was win7.
                        how sad )= need install win8 but fear doing so, after reading about so much troubles people have.

Comment

Working...
                        X