Couple of problems! Halp! D:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of problems! Halp! D:

I just built my first PC and I've run into a couple problems I can't find any definitive answers to, here's my specs before we kick this off:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 Black Edition 3.4Mhz (stock fan)
    Gfx Card: Asus Geforce GTX 670
    Mobo: Asrock N68C-GS FX
    Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Bios: 1.2

Firstly my cpu fan is just going nuts, I can't get it to calm down unless I get OCtuner on and manually turn it down. Something must be wrong because when booting up it will start off at max RPM. Also when booting up it takes quite a while before it gets to the Asrock splash page, it roughly takes 5-6 seconds, initially when I first started trying to boot up my pc from the beginning I thought the display wasn't working at all, it's very odd that it takes this long.

Next in line is instant boot. It was working at some point, but then when I tried to test it out it started saying the driver cannot load, the same thing happens when I try and use the Asrock driver/utilities disc that came with the mobo :s

The restart button doesn't work, I fiddled with a myriad of combinations with the cables and the power button always worked but the restart doesn't; the layout on the system panel header in the manual is as such:

Top pin 1 Pled+
    Bottom pin 1 HDled+

Top pin 2 Pled-
    Bottom pin 2 HDled-

Top pin 3 PwrBtn#
    Bottom pin 3 GND

Top pin 4 GND
    Bottom pin 4 Rest#

Top pin 5 Blank
    Bottom pin 5 Dummy

Lastly, and here's the kicker, my CPU and Vcore settle at around 40-45C with a lowered voltage AND under clocking; all others are at 33-37C and this is during idle. I ran prime95 and the cpu/vcore temperature just kept climbing while everything else was pretty much staying the same. I get pretty average fps while playing games like 20-30 fps which is quite baffling because these specs are much much better than my old and seem to be pushing the same fps rates over a myriad of games.

So someone please help! Pretty please!! D':

Re: Couple of problems! Halp! D:

No one has any ideas? D:

Comment

using latest bios? installed all the latest drivers from asrock website?
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

1.2 is the latest BIOS that I recently installed 2 days ago, I thought I installed all the drivers the first time round when the disc worked, I'm going to download them all and install them again just to be sure.

Comment

Ok so I re-installed all the drivers and utilities apart from the VGA driver and Instant Boot. The VGA driver says it cannot be installed after setup begins because it "cannot locate any drivers compatible with current hardware". Instant Boot just says the driver cannot be loaded, I've un-installed and re-installed it multiple times with no success, the Asrock disc suffers from the same problem as Instant Boot.

Good news though, the restart button works :D everything else is the same though D:

Comment

got the same problem...everything worked fine then suddenly after restart Instant boot and AXTU cannot load drivers. tryed to reinstal all drivers and the problem persist :( both apps just wont load no idea why.

Comment

ASRock usually sets the CPU fan speed to Full On in the UEFI/BIOS, for safety purposes, or builders with not a lot of experience. In the Monitor screen of the UEFI, check that it is set to Auto or Manual, and then select the standard (base) speed from there. Same thing for the other fan headers.

The instant boot issue, do you need to create a partition on a disk for that to work? On Intel boards that's required but I'm not sure how it works on AMD boards.

Are you sure your CPU cooler is mounted correctly? If it's your first build, I would triple check that. What PC case are you using, and how many fans does it have and where are they mounted?

Comment

Last edited by Ladislav Palocsanyi; 09-18-2012, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X