Z77 Extreme 4, Boot crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z77 Extreme 4, Boot crashes

I have had a Z77 sitting on my desk going no where fast. I have been working away trying fix this thing and nothing is working. Every time I attempt to boot windows it starts and crashes before the windows logo can form. It does this with my new HDD and my old HDD or any hard drive for that matter. Auto repair does nothing and I'm furious to no end.

Re: Z77 Extreme 4, Boot crashes

Yes, that is very frustrating, no question. Sorry, but questions for you...

Is this an existing PC that suddenly started to do that? A new build you completed but won't work? A new installation of Windows that is failing? Trying to move from an older PC to this one? Or what?

Comment

Its a brand new build with working a windows installation, but the computer crashes on the starting page.

Comment

It appears I'm not the only one.

This person had the exact same problem. You were also involved on that thread. Did you ever diagnose the exact problem?

Comment

OK I fixed the problem by using tips from that other thread. I used the two Intel SATAs instead of the ASrock SATAs and they seem to read my DVD drive and from there I re-installed windows and everything looks good so far!

Comment

Working...
          X