Phenom II X6 1100t OC Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phenom II X6 1100t OC Help Please

I'm trying to overclock my CPU x6 1100T but I can not get even at 3.6 GHz At the end of the process, saved, but I leave the BIOS to restart the pc does not even boot, just connect the coolers.
    In my previous motherboard, a Sabertooth, I easily arrived at 4 GHz

Another problem is that I can not get my memory kit is recognized as Dual Channel, just as Single. Additionally, Windows recognizes that it has 8GB, but only has 4 GB for the system.

My motherboard is with the latest bios installed, version 1.90.

Screens:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by melosamir; 10-20-2012, 03:38 PM.

Re: Phenom II X6 1100t OC Help Please

I had similar issue with my Sabertooth Mobo. Symtoms were that half my ram was reserve in windows. Under northbridge settings all the memory would be there but not in main page of bios. Also overclocking was unstable and I could not get dual channel mode and using some memroy slots would not post even though they were correct ones to use for dual channel.

Turned out to be faulty memory slots on the mobo. I RMA its and now have good 24x7 stable overclock.

If the above soundslike your issues I would recomend RMA's the mobo.

Comment

Originally posted by dihartnell View Post
      I had similar issue with my Sabertooth Mobo. Symtoms were that half my ram was reserve in windows. Under northbridge settings all the memory would be there but not in main page of bios. Also overclocking was unstable and I could not get dual channel mode and using some memroy slots would not post even though they were correct ones to use for dual channel.

Turned out to be faulty memory slots on the mobo. I RMA its and now have good 24x7 stable overclock.

If the above soundslike your issues I would recomend RMA's the mobo.

But yes in my BIOS shows the four memory modules, just does not work in Dual Channel mode. Maybe there is some option for Dual Channel operation, but I'm not finding it.
      In the list of compatible memory for this motherboard my memory appears as compatible. So I do not know what the problem is.

Comment

I managed to solve the problem. It was a processor pin that was bent, and possibly that was what was causing a short circuit on the two banks of memory near the processor. I straightened the pins, replaced the processor in the socket and dual channel was activated and memory was recognized and used by the OS completely, not just half.

Moderation if you want you can close the topic.

Comment

Working...
        X