Asrock z77 extreme 4 artic cooler freezer 13 co pwm fan fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z77 extreme 4 artic cooler freezer 13 co pwm fan fix

Had a problem with the artic cooling pwm fan on the cpu1 header, the fan would spin at full speed all the time
    went into the uefi bios under H/W monitor, selected cpu fan 1&2 settings set to automatic mode, target temp 45 or 50
    then the next setting is the speed mode from 1 to 9 select manual and put in 70 press return....this gives me a idle speed of around 1000 rpm set it lower for a lower fan speed fan has a min of around 900 rpm
    select save and exit and test under windows prime 95 aida ect the fan ramps up to full speed after a min when the cpu temp rises then it will go to your setting for the low idle speed, this was the only way i could get the pwm fan to stop spinning at full speed either idle or full stress

Re: Asrock z77 extreme 4 artic cooler freezer 13 co pwm fan fix

The default setting for the CPU fan in the UEFI is Full On, no doubt for safety reasons, but you can, and did, adjust it from there.

You seemed to skip Automatic for some reason, but that works too. Set to Automatic, choose the lowest Target CPU temp, for the quickest response, and then select a base fan speed setting, 5 for a start. You should have the AXTU program installed, so you can change the fan speeds in Windows, and find the best base setting for that fan.

When in Windows, start AXTU, go into the Fan Speed control. You will see the speed of that and other fans, if installed. You can then change the speed level up or down, and click Apply. You can see the CPU and board temps on that screen, and of course hear the fan, and balance CPU idle noise and temp as best as possible.

Not quite as nice as I've seen on other boards, and seems a little slow to respond, but it does work.

Comment

I did use AXTU but my cpu wouldnt ramp up to 3.4 or 3.7 mhz, the thing just hung at 1.6 in games, prime 95 or anything that should make the cpu speed up
      maybe it a setting ive missed...thanks for the heads up on the bios im a bit of a nooooooob really

Comment

That makes no sense about the CPU, which is what BTW?

Comment

Cpu is a i5 2500k if i use AXTU the cpu stays stuck at 1600 mhz it wont speed up to 3400 mhz

Comment

I have the same cpu issue while using AXTU. The issue is related to sleep mode while using the software. I've created a topic: http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/5...ode-issue.html

Take a look at it. Maybe someone appears to give us a solution.

Comment

Working...
            X