ASRock extreme 7 Gen 3 Bios 2.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock extreme 7 Gen 3 Bios 2.30

I have upgraded the bios on my mobo to 2.30 went smooth. I have a 2500k. On the ASRock site they have two bios one for Ivy Bridge which is below the 2.30 it does not state that 2.30 is only for upgrading so Ivy Bridge so I updated. I also looked on there support list with indicates which bios is compatible with cpu type and under 2500k it Cleary states all. My pc is stuck in bootcycle. I went into bios and tryed disabling smart start and speed step no difference. I tried pulling my gpus and no difference. Can't get Windows to boot its just a constant boot loop. I'm not prepared to flash any other bios or re flash the same one untill I here from someone at k. I NEED A. BIOS CAN A SUPPORT STAFF GET BACK TO ME THE VERSION I HAD BEFORE IN THD BOARD BEFORE WAS P1.00-15B.
    Last edited by headshotdeluxe; 11-25-2012, 02:00 AM.

Re: ASRock extreme 7 Gen 3 Bios 2.30

Just in case you don't get a response. The update is for win 8 and 3 other updates. My extreme 7 x79 had the same update for win 8, had no problems running 7 or 8.

You can contact ASrock, and see what they say. I have seen people say here that no one gets back to them, so this is why I just wanted to post something.

Can't hurt to flash to 2.10, I have three options for flashing, just checked and you have two, I would use the other one of what you used.

So you send an email to ASrock, not sure what they say, but no matter what, if you don't get help, you can buy a new BIOS chip and have them put what version you want on it. $10-18.00

I don't see older then 2.10, but there might be a chip with older out there. Good luck with it and I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by odiebugs View Post
      Just in case you don't get a response. The update is for win 8 and 3 other updates. My extreme 7 x79 had the same update for win 8, had no problems running 7 or 8.

You can contact ASrock, and see what they say. I have seen people say here that no one gets back to them, so this is why I just wanted to post something.

Can't hurt to flash to 2.10, I have three options for flashing, just checked and you have two, I would use the other one of what you used.

So you send an email to ASrock, not sure what they say, but no matter what, if you don't get help, you can buy a new BIOS chip and have them put what version you want on it. $10-18.00

I don't see older then 2.10, but there might be a chip with older out there. Good luck with it and I hope it works out for you.
      [b] thanks don't really want to because of what ASRock said,, [I,] really wish the site was more clear in the first place,, about the for Ivy Bridge sernario.

Comment

Originally posted by headshotdeluxe View Post
        [b] thanks don't really want to because of what ASRock said,, [I,] really wish the site was more clear in the first place,, about the for Ivy Bridge sernario.
        I hear you. Its kinda strange, if I'm looking at your board, you have the win 8 shutdown, which was needed for win 8, so really no matter what if your running a SB, they would had to have put out two if it
        was only IVY. Most boards now show win 8 ready, and have win 8 drivers, or they are listed under Beta. You don't have any showing, but they have the win 8 in BIOS.

If you are talking about what ASRock said and you mean about not reverting, there is just re flashing the 2.30, checking the Download size, check after extracting, run a dick scan on what ever you store it on
        and try it, then reboot, then clear CMOS, then remover BATT, then reboot, then set BIOS.

Me, I can't wait. They will either give you an option or maybe send you a chip, but if you stuck in a loop, really, just re flashing won't destroy anything else.

But I can see being cautious.

I hope you get an answer, but while you wait, send a email directly to ASRock.

Comment

Hey I was having the exact same problem with my motherboard after I updated to 2.30. It started boot looping as well right after the motherboard splash screen, and won't get to loading windows off my OS drive. I own the Extreme 7 and have tried to contact asrocks tech support.

They answered back by telling me to put the OS drive in the SATA3_0 port to see if that works. It didn't for me so they sent another possible solution, in the BIOS, advanced, storage configurations, put it in ACHI MODE. This unfortunately didn't work either.
          They not tell me I might have to do a clean install of windows 7 so I'm backing up my ssd with my saved data on it.

Have you had any success with your problem as of yet?

Comment

Working...
          X