Asrock p67 extreme4 black screen after bios update to 3.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock p67 extreme4 black screen after bios update to 3.1

I updated my bios today from 2.1 to 3.1, and now I am stuck in a black screen.
    All the fans are working for a second and after 2 second system tern off and turn on again and this problem be continue until i clear the cmos with back button
    I have tried clearing the cmos via the battery, and the back button, and the pin shorting.
    i use the 2 6950 vga on my system and Amd crossfire and when i remove 1 vga cart from system , my system boot normaly and i didnt have any problem but when i use the 2 vga cart i have this problem
    Yet I am still stuck in the black screen. any ideas?
    How Can i fix this problem . please help me

my system configuration is :
    Intel 2500 k
    Amd 6950 2 gig Crossfire
    8 gig ram ddr3 1600 A-data
    power 900 w
    mb : Asrock p67 extreme 4 bios 3.1
    Last edited by happyfeat; 11-30-2012, 03:44 AM. Reason: mistake

Re: Asrock p67 extreme4 black screen after bios update to 3.1

I cant understand your writhing .. please writhe answer English
    if any body have any ideas please say me ?
    what can i do to fix this problem

Comment

Re: Asrock p67 extreme4 black screen after bios update to 3.1

You apparently did not notice that the 3.10 BIOS provides support for Ivy Bridge CPUs, on your Sandy Bridge chipset board, that you use with a Sandy Bridge CPU, the i5-2500K.

Most if not all users of Sandy Bridge chipset (P67, Z68, etc) boards have problems when they change to the BIOS that supports Ivy Bridge CPUs (i5-3570K, etc.) but still use a Sandy Bridge CPU. You also probably have other issues, such as BIOS settings that no longer work correctly, but have not noticed that.

The best fix for this is to go back to the earlier BIOS, 2.10 for example. If you cannot change back to 2.10, you should contact ASRock support directly, and ask them for a new BIOS chip for your board, with BIOS 2.10 on it.

I have never seen any other fixes that work when Sandy Bridge CPU users change to the Ivy Bridge support BIOS.

Comment

Working...
      X