Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

Hi, i read from the manual that my board supports up to 4gb ddr3 ram, but i heard that some people are using 8gb instead.. so is it possible to use 8gb? thanks a lot!

Also, could someone send me a 1.26-1.27 bios? thanks!

Re: Asrock P35D DDR3 Question

I was going to suggest you read THIS thread but I see now you've already done that.

carlese, send a PM directly to "ASRock TSD - Emily" here using THIS link and politely request that BIOS file.

Otherwise, chances are she'll miss your request there in that old thread.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot! Can you please tell me how to set the jumpers on my mb to use ddr3 and over clock my q6600 to at least 3.2ghz?it doesn't say anything on the manual about ddr3..

Comment

Hi again, i tried everything on my board but i still can't set my ram to 1333.. i know it supports it, but everything i can set on my bios is 800 or 1066, and the timings are all wrong! see this screen:

Timings should be 9-9-9-24 but all i can set is 6.. please help me.. this is my config:

- e6600 @ 3.0 ghz (333x9)
        - 2x4gb ddr3 vengeance 1600mhz (yes, 8gb work fine and 1600mhz is not the problem here)

Thanks!

Comment

FYI. Any suggestions by me from here forward are from me reading the manual and using Google. As I do not own this particular motherboard that is all I have to operate with, the manual and Google.

Are your FSB jumpers still in the "Default" positions?

FSB2 XXOO
          FSB3 XXOO

FSB1 XXOO
          #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
          ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

OK, As it seems you're getting along much better in another forum, I'm going to let you continue on over at:

[Thread Ufficiale] ASRock 4Core1600P35-WIFI+ / 4Core1600Twins - Intel P35 - Pagina 90 - Hardware Upgrade Forum

You're getting more help there than I could ever assist with.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
              OK, As it seems you're getting along much better in another forum, I'm going to let you continue on over at:

[Thread Ufficiale] ASRock 4Core1600P35-WIFI+ / 4Core1600Twins - Intel P35 - Pagina 90 - Hardware Upgrade Forum

You're getting more help there than I could ever assist with.

Good luck.
              I wrote here 'cause i hope someone from Asrock TSD answers ASAP.. i really need some advice.. i tried setting jumpers as you told me, but still no luck.. I also tried with only one stick instead of two, but still no luck.. it's strange 'cause on the other forum a guy managed to go to 1333 just settinf jumpers like this:

- FSB1 2-3
              - FSB2 1-2
              - FSB3 1-2

Obviously I tried and.. NO LUCK :( I don't think my ram are damaged, because they work fine and the system recognizes them with no problems, I just want to reach 1333mhz.. on this board this is not even an OC like in other boards (for example g41 from asrock has support from 1333 ram, but only in OC, and my friend uses the same ram i have with g41 and it works on 1333), so please tell me how to solve it.. calling all Asrock TSD here :D

Thanks!

Comment

another thing.. today i ran the windows classification and i got 6,3!!! with ddr2 4gb i got 6,7.. what's wrong with this motherboard??? corsair vengeance should be really fast..

ASROCK TSD, SHOW YOURSELF HERE PLEASE.. :(

Comment

With the 3 jumpers all on 1-2, please reply what the Main > System Overview page states.

BIOS Version
                  Processor Type
                  Processor Speed
                  Microcode Update
                  Total Memory
                  Cache Size
                  DDRII 1
                  DDRII 2
                  DDRII 3
                  DDRII 4
                  DDR3_1
                  DDR3_2

Comment

CPU: e6600 step b3 @ 3.0 Ghz, 333x9
                    DDR3 1&2 4096mb (I see set up as 800mhz)
                    Bios L1.26
                    Timings auto (cpu-z shows 6-6-6-15)
                    Spread spectrum and speedstep disabled..

I read someone say to short fsb2 3-4 and fsb3 4-5 or both 3-4.. Can you confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by carlese View Post
                      I read someone say to short fsb2 3-4 and fsb3 4-5 or both 3-4.. Can you confirm?
                      No I cannot confirm.

Stay with me please.

Now show(Please copy and paste the below then include your settings after each):
                      BIOS > Advanced > Chipset Configuration

Memory Remap Feature [ ]
                      DRAM Frequency [ ]
                      Flexibility Option [ ]
                      DRAM CAS# Latency [ ]
                      DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay [ ]
                      DRAM RAS# Precharge [ ]
                      DRAM RAS# Activate to Precha

Comment

Memory Remap Feature ENABLED
                        DRAM Frequency AUTO (can only choose between auto, 800 or 1066)
                        Flexibility Option. DISBLED
                        DRAM CAS# Latency AUTO (can choose up to 9)
                        DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay AUTO (can choose up to 6, instead of 9 which is the correct timing)
                        DRAM RAS# Precharge AUTO (can choose up to 6, instead of 9 which is the correct timing)
                        DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge AUTO (can choose up to 15, instead of 24 which is the correct timing)

In addition, i whought ram were defected, so i ran a 5 hours memtest but no errors were found..

Something is definitely wrong..
                        Last edited by carlese; 12-16-2012, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by carlese View Post
                          Something is definitely wrong..
                          I'm not yet going that far as to declare something wrong.

I've PM'd ASRock TSD Emily and asked her to to review this thread and post available options for you.

If I knew if the jumpers didn't set a hard multi I'd have suggested that to you. Yet I do not want to get blamed for anything that may have gone wrong while doing so. So be patient and lets see what Emily has for you.

Comment

i hope she answers you.. i don't get any response to PMs..

Comment

Emily will probably post in this thread, either to ask for more information or with some suggestions.
                              It will speed things up and help if you follow the following suggestion and completely add all information in your PC SPECS:

We can best help you after you create a detailed hardware list in the System Specs portion of your
                              forum profile http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile.php?do=editprofile at the bottom of the
                              profile page or in your forum signature http://forums.tweaktown.com/profile....=editsignature.
                              Be sure to include brand names and model numbers.
                              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Working...
                              X