Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FM2A75M-ITX : For what is this header ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM2A75M-ITX : For what is this header ?!?

Hello everybody !

I just received a ASROCK FM2A75M-ITX MoBo and a series of stuff for it (sadly, some things didn't arrived in time from another store, so, i can't assemble my new rig tomorrow....oh well...)

Well i read the included manual and the online manual and checked the MoBo but there is a weird thing....

Near the 4pin and the 3pin headers for the APU fan(s) there are not one more header like it's said in the manual(s) but TWO more headers !!!

One with two pins is the chassis intrusion header and the other header has *13* pins but nowhere in the manual(s) says for what it is !!!

Anyone can tell me for what it is ?!?

TIA,
    AJSB

Re: FM2A75M-ITX : For what is this header ?!?

I assume you mean the one labeled LPC1 ?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Dang, forgot to link.

Google "Intel Low Pin Count"

Stay away from it unless you know for certain what you are doing and why.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yes, it's labelled LPC1 !

Thanks for the heads up !

Why in the heck is it there and kinda "exposed" to user intervention ?!?

Comment

As I implied, if you don't know it's proper use, simply stay away.

LPT printer, COM, and other simple communication protocols. And a plethora of custom boards/apps.

Best to just forget it's there. :)

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
            As I implied, if you don't know it's proper use, simply stay away.

LPT printer, COM, and other simple communication protocols. And a plethora of custom boards/apps.

Best to just forget it's there. :)
            WAIT !!! Are you saying that LPC1 can be used for LPT printer ?!? It just happens that i might need that !!! In fact , i'm using a LPT printer with another rig !!!

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
              WAIT !!! Are you saying that LPC1 can be used for LPT printer ?
              Call or email ASRock Tech Support.

Comment

Well before i read your last post i was having high hopes....in special because i found this...

Shuttle J-RS232 I/O Expansion Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

...that seems to use it for a serial and parallel ports....but then i read this in wikipedia...

Low Pin Count - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

LPC is intended to be a motherboard-only bus. No connector is defined, and no LPC peripheral daughterboards are available. There is no configuration in terms of device discovery. Since only motherboard devices are connected, the host (BIOS) "knows" how to set them up and deal with them.

...So, i guess i'm out of luck unless ASROCK makes specific backplate(a) that connects to it and BIOS update(s) to support them....so i guess to have serial/parallel ports i need to use something that adapts to USB (might have compatibility issues , however i'm doing just that with another rig to have for it a parallel port for a small vinyl cutter ) or use the PCIe connector (lot's of PCIe x1 cards around will allow me to do so but i then i waste the PCIe that i might use for a DVB-T/DVB-S tuner)

Comment

Working...
                X