Slow download speed with ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow download speed with ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Just recently purchased this MoBo and built a new rig. Installed the broadcom lan drivers from their website. I still have abysmal download speeds. If I plug in my old rig which uses a realtek card and my download speed is fine.

For example, I was trying to download the realtek audio drivers for the MoBo from the ASRock website. My download completed in about 60 seconds on my old machine, where it took almost 10 minutes on the newer one.

Any suggestions for what I can try?

Re: Slow download speed with ASRock Z77 Extreme6

Is that slow download speed consistent on any download site? Browsing various sites is always slow? Download connections can vary, one might be extra slow, but if you cancel it and start another it will be faster. I'm not saying you are wrong about an issue, just checking.

Did you intstall the XFastLAN software? Not that you must have it, or that it would automatically help, just asking. That software has priority settings that might cause trouble.

If you click on the Network icon in Windows in the lower right corner, looks like a PC monitor, and then click on Local Area Connection, you can check your connection speed. You can also check the Broadcom network chip in Device Manager, its Properties and/or Advanced Properties for configuration settings.

Comment

Working...
    X