Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with my NEW Discrete Graphics Card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my NEW Discrete Graphics Card?

Mobo: FM2A85X Extreme6 w A10 5800K [HD7660D onboard]..........purchased "my" dream card for my new machine, a Sapphire HD 7850 OC 1GB DDR5,,,,,,,,,,,but I have found that IF I run this more powerful card discretely I get "ghosts" in my favorite game, World of Tanks. When I go back to using it integrated with the onboard Graphics w or w/o VIRTU MVP......I do not get the ghosts in that game BUT performance cannot reach what the stand alone card could have reached............I had been using ATI's 12.10 drivers and hoped that these new 13.1 drivers would solve the problem and I would just go straight Dsicrete and actually Disable the Onboard Graphics in Device Manager......figured that that MUST increase abilities of the CPU??? I have tried about everything including the last to no aviial in getting rfid of those ghost tanks.......any GOOD ideas are sure more than WELCOME.

TKS michael

Re: Problems with my NEW Discrete Graphics Card?

I saw another thread on TweakTown that addressed a very similar problem.
    As I recall the user set the UEFI to "Onboard' and the ghosts disappeared.

Look around....the thread's here somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Mustash View Post
      I saw another thread on TweakTown that addressed a very similar problem.
      As I recall the user set the UEFI to "Onboard' and the ghosts disappeared.

Look around....the thread's here somewhere
      THANKS for you reply - YOU are correct and it was probably me who shared that fact, that IF you go to ONBOARD, that is integrated, using BOTH but the HD7850 is supposedly only used as needed - ie. as higher powered backup to the onboard HD7660D........BUT..............you get MUCH higher performance IF you can use the HD7850 as main, 1st, card with the onboard as backup............I have been trying that ALOT again today, you have to go into BIOS and change Graphics to PCIe 1st......again though I am not having ant success, everything I try I end up getting "ghost[s]" right in the middle of the screen......will have to give up I guess and go back to ONBOARD with HDMI out of Mobo HDMI OUT and not the HDMI OUT OF the Graphics CArd.....RATS!!!! Mayy end up selling my HD 7850!

Comment

Meh, not sure if it is the problem but I'll put it out here nonetheless.

The 7850's can pull upwards of 130W from the PSU. Your Stallion PSU has two rails, MB(12V1 rail) is rated 15A, with the peripherals(12V2 rail) rated at 16A. And those specs are assuming Rosewill didn't get all bleary eyed while marking them as such.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
        X