ASrock x79 Extreme6 BSODs & Freezes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASrock x79 Extreme6 BSODs & Freezes

Hello! I've got several PC with equal configuration: ASRock x79 Extreme6, Core i7-3930k, 8 * 8Gb DDR3 Kingston KVR16N11/8, PNY Quadro 4000, 2 * 512Gb OCZ Vertex 4, 2 * 2Tb WD2002FAEX, PSU Floston Energetix 700W. And I have regular BSODs with different error codes and freezes on almost all of them. I use Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 installed on SSD (tried installing to HDD too) and also tried Ultimate. I updated BIOS to L2.22 and set all BIOS settings to defaults but had no luck. Well maybe it's some hardware conflicts or I should change settings in BIOS? I don't know what to do, please help. Here're my minidumps: cepn7km -

Re: ASrock x79 Extreme6 BSODs & Freezes

Hello and Welcome.

Originally posted by XeSSo View Post
    Here're my minidumps: cepn7km -
    No files found available. Please double check the link and the file.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Ops! Sorry! Try this link DepositFiles.

Comment

While I await the dumps, I have a suggestion.

If you haven't yet connected a 4-pin molex to the MB's "SLI / XFIRE Power Connector"(Online Manual LINK, pg 12, # 49) located directly above the PCIE1 slot, please do so and see if that stabilizes the/a system you have there. For this purpose use an unused lead/harness from the PSU to do so ie: not one powering anything else.

The Energetix 700w that I find has four 18a rails, LINK to the Floston Energetix lineup.. Is this correct for the model you have in use?
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Got 'em. Thanks.

Update the driver(s) to the latest release(s) for the Quadro driver package(s) you're using.

Do you have Daemon Tools installed?

Comment

No, I didn't connected the 4-pin molex because I don't have SLI, but I'll try. The PSU model seems to be correct. I've already installed latest available video drivers. And yes, I have DT installed, but I tried without it too. I noticed that MB automatically sets 11-11-11-28 timings and tRFC = 208 while SPD says that they should be 11-11-11-30 and tRFCmin = 260. Also DDR voltage is automatically set to 1.59V while SPD limits it to 1.575V. I'm going to set it manual and see if it helps.

Comment

No, I didn't connected the 4-pin molex because I don't have SLI, but I'll try. The PSU model seems to be correct. I've already installed latest available video drivers. And yes, I have DT installed, but I tried without it too.
              Are these new builds or ones that have some time on them? I should have asked in my first post. Sorry.

I noticed that MB automatically sets 11-11-11-28 timings and tRFC = 208 while SPD says that they should be 11-11-11-30 and tRFCmin = 260. Also DDR voltage is automatically set to 1.59V while SPD limits it to 1.575V. I'm going to set it manual and see if it helps.
              This could very well be the cause. You have errors generated over quite the broad range. They read like the who's who of bugchecks.

As to having all eight slots populated with 8Gb sticks. I'm an AMD person so I'll default to someone elses opinion on if you might need some more voltage applied to the IMC to handle a 64Gb loading against it.

Comment

I set timings 11-11-11-30, tRFC = 260, DDR Voltage = 1.56V and also updated BIOS to latest available beta L2.24. It's more stable but still have some lockups when running Linpack with all memory test setting. Maybe I should adjust VCCSA and/or VTT?

Comment

Still have problems. Only one computer works with no BSODs for a long period of time. Same hardware, same software, same settings, so I confused. Two computers that gave errors after 20 sec in LinX with 64Gb RAM, give no errors with 56Gb. What does it mean? Need help!

Comment

Working...
                  X