IOMMU support for FM2A75M-DGS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOMMU support for FM2A75M-DGS?

I am wanting to build a new desktop, and I am considering the FM2A75M-DGS for the motherboard. However, I couldn't find out if this board supports enabling IOMMU (even in the online manual). I was hoping for confirmation on if this board does or does not support IOMMU.

Re: IOMMU support for FM2A75M-DGS?

I have a similar FM2 motherboard, the FM2A85X Extreme6 paired with a AMD 5800-K processor and have just installed VMware ESXi 5.1 on it. The installation was flawless with the NIC being recognized immediately, no tweaks necessary. I do have SVM ,Secure Virtual Machine, enabled (it is by default) in the bios in the CPU section.

However currently, on the summary page of the vsphere client, The direct path I/O is not being recognized.

I have submitted the question to ASROCK support and am awaiting a response to see if I need to enable anything else to have it be recognized.

If you asking about it for Oracle/Sun Virtual box, ASROCK has posted a replay to what needs to changed to allow Virtual box to do this
    " [Enable] [Secure Virtual Machine] option in the BIOS.
    Please check the [Enable Nested Paging] box in Sun’s xVM virtual box software. "

Last edited by dbaman6; 02-02-2013, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Hi dbaman6,

We have received your support mail.
      Our US technical support team will send a beta BIOS to you for testing.

If any question, please kindly let me know.
      Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily

Comment

For the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) motherboard, there is offically a 1.7 bios available on the ASROCK website. However, ASROCk support has provided me with an updated bios L1.80C that does just what it is supposed to do.
        On the UEFI screen, the path to the IOMMU option is on the third panel in the BIOS labeled Advanced. From the Advance screen scroll down to North Bridge Configuration. IOMMU is now a new choice above the Primary Graphics Adapter at the top of the North Bridge page and can either be Enabled or Disabled with Enabled being the default.

I was able to flash this bios in about 1 minute or so. After I rebooted, VMware ESXi 5.1 started and Direct Path I/O now shows up.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ASROCK DirectpathIO.gif
Views:	1
Size:	8.3 KB
ID:	753518

Comment

Originally posted by dbaman6 View Post
          For the ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6 FM2 AMD A85X (Hudson D4) motherboard, there is offically a 1.7 bios available on the ASROCK website. However, ASROCk support has provided me with an updated bios L1.80C that does just what it is supposed to do.
          On the UEFI screen, the path to the IOMMU option is on the third panel in the BIOS labeled Advanced. From the Advance screen scroll down to North Bridge Configuration. IOMMU is now a new choice above the Primary Graphics Adapter at the top of the North Bridge page and can either be Enabled or Disabled with Enabled being the default.

I was able to flash this bios in about 1 minute or so. After I rebooted, VMware ESXi 5.1 started and Direct Path I/O now shows up.
          [ATTACH]5600[/ATTACH]
          Hi.

Could you please me send this bios? I need it for my ESXi server.

Comment

Originally posted by msaraiva View Post
            Hi.

Could you please me send this bios? I need it for my ESXi server.
            same question for me. Waiting and waiting but no response yet from Asrock support. There is a 1.80D out there now but no IOMMU option in BIOS.

Comment

Dear all,

About IOMMU option, we will release the option to the latest Production BIOS later.

And we are doing the full test with these BIOS, we will upload it to our website after testing ok.
              If you would like to get the beta BIOS with IOMMU option at the present, please kindly contact me via PM and tell me the model name.
              I'll send the beta BIOS to you for testing first.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
              ASRock TSD
              Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                Dear all,

About IOMMU option, we will release the option to the latest Production BIOS later.

And we are doing the full test with these BIOS, we will upload it to our website after testing ok.
                If you would like to get the beta BIOS with IOMMU option at the present, please kindly contact me via PM and tell me the model name.
                I'll send the beta BIOS to you for testing first.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                ASRock TSD
                Emily
                This is fascinating, as I just got an email yesterday telling me that IOMMU was automatically enabled in the last several BIOSes and it should work now, which my ESXi 5.1 install begs to differ as it continues to tell me that the host does not support pass-through configuration.

Asrock FM2A85X extreme6 with A4-5300

I would love to test whatever beta BIOS that you are able to email though. cmwilliams at cw823 dot com.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaman6 View Post

[ATTACH]5600[/ATTACH]
                  Hi dbaman6,

Can you please tell me if the integrated GPU and USB3/SATA3 controllers are available for passthrough? Could you please post a screenshot from "Mark Devices for passthough" screen? I own the FM2A88X Extreme6+ (Bolton D4) and I am facing difficulties in passing through the A88X chipset integrated components (iGPU,SATA3,USB3 are not available for passthru). See details here: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/469117

Thanks in advance

Panagiotis

Comment

Working...
                  X