Help plzzz!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plzzz!

I have 4GB of ram and out of it 1.7Gb is dedicated to video memory and it causes problem when i am gaming and i run out of ram.Is there any way to reduce the video memory my total video memory is 2.7GB and my graphics card has 1Gb memory.PLZ HELP!

Re: Help plzzz!

While I don't have this board I believe what you're looking for can be found at:

BIOS > Advanced > North Bridge Configuration > Share Memory
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

You're right wardog, that's all you can do. Besides having nothing else running in Windows. A reboot will free up some memory that is being used for no real reason.

What's with all the 4GB memory issues today? Get some cheap 1333 DDR3 memory, the speed difference will make very little difference.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
        You're right wardog, that's all you can do.
        Thanks for the confirmation there.

What's with all the 4GB memory issues today?
        hehe, looked at the Memory line in the OP's System Specs?
        Code:
        Memory	kingston 2gb,adata2gb(4gb total)
        Vettori, assuming they run "paired' like they are, count yourself lucky.
        #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
        ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Originally posted by - wardog - View Post
          Thanks for the confirmation there.

hehe, looked at the Memory line in the OP's System Specs?
          Code:
          Memory	kingston 2gb,adata2gb(4gb total)
          Vettori, assuming they run "paired' like they are, count yourself lucky.
          No I didn't look, I assume so much...

Looks like Intel's "Flex Memory" feature works and comes in handy at times. Meanwhile, a set of matched, $150 DIMMs won't work sometimes. I really wonder what the reasons for that are...

Comment

No I didn't look, I assume so much...

Looks like Intel's "Flex Memory" feature works and comes in handy at times.
            Aww crap. I never remember about that.

Vettori, my apologies. There are some dark corners of Intel that I as an AMD guy can never keep in my "memory' banks.

Comment

Regardless, he is still stuck (blessed) with 4GB. Plus I was wrong about that BIOS setting, it's not just enabled/disabled, but allows selection of an amount. As low as 32MB, which apparently does not help, given a PM I have from the OP.

vettori, so did you adjust that setting in the BIOS?

Comment

Working...
              X