B75M-ITX with G.Skill RipJaws Ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B75M-ITX with G.Skill RipJaws Ram

I have build a computer B75M-ITX motherboard, and bought G.Skill Ripjaws RAM for it, PC3-12800 4Gx2 1.50v. I have two memory sticks, but when I put both in the computer will not turn on at all. I remove one, and it boots just fine.
    I read that it has to do with the volts, but I cannot figure out what to change in the BIOS. I'm not a avid computer builder, this is my first I've build in over 10 years actually, so simple directions would be best.

Thanks so much.

Re: B75M-ITX with G.Skill RipJaws Ram

Hello.
    I see the board is for business users..just had a qwik look at the asrock site.

The board looks capable enough and is dual channell ddr3 up to 2200 speed.

There isnt a lot of detail in your post ie exact memory type(model no). for timings or anything or even to see if its in the compapability list.What processor u have psu n all but..amyway.

It seems youare able to get into the bios(UEFI) but dont know what to adjust.
    Obviously you have to do this with one stick of memory in only.
    Im also assuming your uefi is pretty standard and not changed for "business users" or even locked as asrock supplies to oem.

1. after u enter the uefi setup utility using del key or wotever
    Use the arrow keys to scroll to overclock tweaker section.
    (a)
    scroll down to where it says dram configuration
    Hit enter on that "folder icon" and check that the board is entering the correct timings for your memory,

There will be a load of boxes saying auto but beside those will be figues showing what the board is entering as the timings for your memory.
    Make sure these match the stickers on your memory.
    Most likely it will be something like 9-9-9-24 ,hopefully the secondary ones match too bu tthey wont be on the sticker.

If they dont match.. enter them manually yourself in the boxes where it says auto.
    (b)
    Then hit esc or the exit arrow to go back to the main oc tweaker section.

scroll down to where it says voltages.

scroll down till dram voltage is selected.

it should have a box with auto in it and a value beside it, which may..or may not be 1.50v

Ill digress a minute:
    My original gskill ram was autodetected at a voltage of 1.59v, even tho it is supposed to be 1.50v,same as yours.

When I was running it at its standard speeds I reduced the voltage to 1.54v..I didnt go any lower cos..the ram sticks didnt seem that versatile and the board had already applied 1.59v.

Back to yours.
    With the ifo you have supplied we dont even know if your memory has an xmp or extended memory profile or not.,however.

If the voltage beside auto is showing as 1.50,you may as u have suggested want to up it a bit to 1.59/1.6v "to be sure" hit enter or clik on the auto box and a selection of voltages should appear .
    Select one.Dont go over 1.65v.

You now have a couple of choices, depending on whether you had to change the timings or not.

The simplest thing would be to hit F10 to save and load the changes,then boot into windows(if its installed,if it isnt just repost ,make surethe changes you made are saved and exit n shutdown)) with your 1 stick of memory.When windows has finished loading fully,hit shutdown.
    Turn off everything turn off psu and monitor,press the power on button for 1min to clear any v's from capacitors etc.open up the pc insert the second memory stick and .. best case scenario both sticks will be recognised and off you go.

Things like xmp profile or not.Memory testing in case you got a bad stick,your psu type,whether the ram was seated properly,whether its compatable,cmos clears and so on are different q's.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Re: B75M-ITX with G.Skill RipJaws Ram

Please go HERE, scroll down and fill in the "System Specs' then Save it so that we know what you have there system-wise.
      #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
      ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
      X