cant get my ram to run at 1866mhtz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get my ram to run at 1866mhtz

unsure what im doing wrong i bumped the voltage up to 1.67 voltz select 1600 from my bios and it runs fine. ive tried selecting xmp profile however system wont boot when selected, ive tried correcting the dram config 11-11-11-31-2t-48 still cant get 1866 y bclk speed is set to 100htz with a x47 multiplier i seem to be having trouble setting my over clock is there a website o.c. guide or can someone help me out im not positive but i believe 3.3 boosts stock to 3.9 im getting 4.7 but not sure how to/or what to fields to set please help.

Re: cant get my ram to run at 1866mhtz

Id suggest 1.67v is too high anyway.
    Is that corsair kit listed as compatible for the board?.
    You could try bumping vtt just a little maybe to 1.1 v
    Those arent very tight timings for 1866 but you could use sisoft sandra or aida 64 to see what the secondary timings are on the memory and enter those timings manually.
    Id also clock down the cpu a bit even go to stamdard 3.3-3.7 and see how the memory behaves then.
    How does it perform with just 2 sticks?
    Not much point in trying a stable overclock and doing memory tests at the same time, at least not until you have the memory stable.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
      unsure what im doing wrong i bumped the voltage up to 1.67 voltz select 1600 from my bios and it runs fine. ive tried selecting xmp profile however system wont boot when selected, ive tried correcting the dram config 11-11-11-31-2t-48 still cant get 1866 y bclk speed is set to 100htz with a x47 multiplier i seem to be having trouble setting my over clock is there a website o.c. guide or can someone help me out im not positive but i believe 3.3 boosts stock to 3.9 im getting 4.7 but not sure how to/or what to fields to set please help.

You didn't post what memory, are you sure its XMP memory ?
      You didn't post MOBO model.

If the memory is XMP, then set BIOS to default, then reset any Drive modes such as AHCI or what ever you have, boot orders, then just set to XMP, don't try and adjust any memory settings if running XMP mode.

Just google your MOBO and memory OC, you should come across someone that did it.

Comment

I'm sorry I have had many new issues and possible solutions however my mono was asrock z77 extreme 4 and I had an Intel i5 2500k. My ram would pretty much only run at 1600 or lower. Since I have upgraded many things first my mono I went to an asus p8z77-v pro and with that board I got the i5 3770k and just recently I purchased the i7 3770k. With all that being said I was running 2 n visit gtx 670 in sli for video and a thermal take 750 psu. Oh yeah and my cooler master Liquid cooler unfortunately I don't recall model of. When I upgraded video cards to 770 somehow my computer stopped booting almost as if the video card was too much for my psu. When I went into a game as soon as video card was being used it would restart. Since in an effort to rectify the problem I sswapped mobos back to my asrock and upgraded to a thermal take 850 psu. The asrock has a lcd on the board which is saying no usable ram is installed? Can my ram all 4 X 4Gb sticks really be bad? I have ordered 4 X 8gb g-skill 2666 32gb but I'm still waiting for them to arive. And where should I start posting parts for sale

Comment

Working...
        X