Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD - asrock n68c-s ucc - windows 8 - pleeeease help me

hey,
    im currently in the process of upgrading bits on my pc and have sucessfully installed a new precessor, ram and graphics card,and latest of all decided to do a clean install of the latest, legal version of windows 8.

....however i have started getting the blue screen of death with "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT". i tried to sort this out myself and googled the problem which lead me to believe its something to do with the updating to the latest AHCI Drivers & AHCI in the BIOS of my asrock n68c-s ucc, which i followed up at the asrock website, but discovered their are no drivers for my motherboard to run windows 8?

does this mean i wont be able to run it? am i doing the right thing? im abit clueless what to do and ill try and provide extra details on system spec if needed ect... so any help would be super awesome cool

thankshttp://www.troubleshootwindows.com/windows-8/fix-clock-watchdog-timeout-stop-bluescreen-error-in-windows-8/
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > N68C-S UCC > Download
    Bridgemere

Re: BSOD - asrock n68c-s ucc - windows 8 - pleeeease help me

Well, your board is a bit old in PC years, but could be Ok for Windows 8. I guess your upgraded PC does not have a running OS on it now? If it did, you could download the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, and run it. That will tell you if the hardware is compatible with Windows 8. You do not need to continue with the upgrade after it checks the PC, just exit that program and remove it.

You lost me on the AHCI driver update. Drivers only exist in the OS, they aren't installed in the BIOS, unless you are talking about a RAID Option ROM. Windows 8 has many drivers with it that will be installed, and will find, download, and install others it does not have one.

What installation media are you using for Windows 8?

Comment

my pc is currently windows 8 pro, which is what im using to speak to you now, its useable, but temperamental and i installed it all legit, off an offical cd with key.

i ran the upgrade assistant, which listed varous prgrams and components that i have installed, but not the motherboard? guessing that means it just plain isnt compatable?

and sorry about the bios raid ahci thing, that was copied and pasted from the website that offered a solution : p, and thanks for helping me out by the way (y)

Comment

Win 8 will work on this Motherboard, ASRock has win 7 drivers, so win 8 has generic drivers or it will use win 7 drivers.

Windows 8 has problems of its own, drivers have just come out so they will be buggy even on the newest board out there.

If it was me, I would have installed win 7 with all this new hardware to see if all the new hardware was running smoothly with
        an OS that has drivers.

The BSOD was not a problem, or shouldn't be continued one, just a fluke which can happen.

When you install a new OS, you don't format, not sure why people think that formatting from NTFS to NTFS is cleaning the drive the correct way.

The drive should be erased with a program from the MFG, if they don't have one then Western Digital tools usually works on most HDD.

You can get a boot disk like Hiren's BootCD which has erase tools on it, which is free.

Make sure that after installing, you run the windows experience index, then go to Devise MGR and check all hardware, if a driver is not installed
        you will see it. Run windows update, and if a driver is missing there are several things you can do, if you need help, post back.

If you are missing a driver, and try to use a win 7 that was not signed, win 8 might not let it install, there are way's around this.

There are a lot of Beta drivers out for hardware also that might be better then a driver you have, so if you see problems from one, you might be able to load a Beta.
        Last edited by odiebugs; 02-12-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

P.S. If you look at ASRock, you will see this board dose not say compatible with WIN 8, this can mean that they will NOT be updating the BIOS for it.

If you look at most ASRock boards, you see they have had to update the BIOS due to firmware in the BIOS having problems on win 8.

The only thing I see you gaining is with win8, faster install, a little faster booting, is this worth sacrificing actual performance, its up to you.

Remember, without a brand new board and hardware, win 8 is not taking advantage of the new CPU's and hardware, so the only thing that win 8 has is metro, which is made for little girls
          who love tweeting and playing touch, sorry but its the only thing all the metro garbage is good for.

If you are a gamer, 90 percent of games run, faster, better on win 7, but when windows 9 come out, micro will have all the drivers working correctly so games will be better on win 8.

Comment

Working...
          X