Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock 990FX Extreme3 - does BISO support IMMOU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 990FX Extreme3 - does BISO support IMMOU?

Hello,

I'm looking to replace my current home VM server (ESXi) and need pass through support for disks and graphics.

Looking at getting an Asrock 990FX Extreme 3 with an AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz Socket AM3+ 16MB Cache CPU and to start with 16GB of DDR3 1600GHz RAM ( 2 x 8GB).

I need to confirm that the motherboard and the BIOS for it will support IMMOU.

If anyone has any Intel alternatives they'd like to suggest that would be great. I've been focusing on the AMD kit due to price advantage.
    The downside of the AMD from reading around is that it uses twice as much juice as an Intel? The 8320 is 125 TDW, and Intel is around 70TDW.

Hobett
    Last edited by hobett; 03-13-2013, 01:34 PM. Reason: Added additional info and made corrections to typos.

Re: Asrock 990FX Extreme3 - does BISO support IMMOU?

I know the 990FX Extreme4 with bios P2.00 supports toggling of IOMMU to Enabled or Disabled. Although I've never config'd VM's with it.

And honestly what with the EX3 only having 4+1 power IMO you'd be miles and miles ahead going with the EX4's 8+2 while using an 8320. Here in the US it's a $20 diff between them.

My EX4 BIOS P2.00 screenshot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	130127101301_JPG.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	753595
    Last edited by - wardog -; 03-13-2013, 03:59 PM.
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Re: Asrock 990FX Extreme3 - does BISO support IMMOU?

Hi hobett,

990FX Extreme3 can support IOMMU.
      Please refer to below link to check user manual page 50.
      Link: ASRock > 990FX Extreme3

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily

Comment

Working...
      X