Ultra Fast Boot Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Fast Boot Problem

Good evening i got a ASRock Z77 Fatality Performance motherboard i have windows 8 installed in UEFI GPT format and im using the onboard HD4000 when i activate ultra fast boot system freeze at the ASRock Logo if i reboot it start a boot loop that goes faster and faster.With fast boot option on the system works great but not with ultra fast boot any advice?
    Thank you.

Re: Ultra Fast Boot Problem

Do you have the CSM option set to Disabled? Should be in the ACPI menu, under Advanced options. Or, do you have Secure Boot enabled, which should disable CSM, and then removes it as an option, it won't appear in the ACPI menu.

Comment

After couple tries looks like this happens when i disable CSM

Update: I reinstall windows from the beginning made whole new GPT partition.Tried to install windows with CSM turned off but nothing on first reboot its just stop there.I do have a discrete graphic card but im using the onboard one to boot.
      Last edited by Akis; 04-19-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

What are you setting the first boot device to in the UEFI/BIOS? If Windows 8 installed correctly, you should find "Windows Boot Manager" in the list of boot devices. Do not choose the entry with the name of the drive the OS is on, you must use the entry with Boot Manager in the name.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
          What are you setting the first boot device to in the UEFI/BIOS? If Windows 8 installed correctly, you should find "Windows Boot Manager" in the list of boot devices. Do not choose the entry with the name of the drive the OS is on, you must use the entry with Boot Manager in the name.

It is the windows boot manager.The systems boots fine in FAST MODE and with secure boot set to ON.This only happens when i switch to Ultra Fast.Im out of ideas right now i think i tried everything.

UPDATE: Ok i found it and fixed it dont know if its memory or my BIOS bug.Looks like if i put a fixed 1024mb to the onboard graphic card the system cant boot with CMS off.I set it back to AUTO and finally i log in windows.
          Last edited by Akis; 04-20-2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Interesting, I wonder if that is related to the video card's Vbios. Only because the GOP compatible Vbios are new. The Auto setting is not a compromise for you, is it?

Be glad your video card has a GOP compliant Vbios, most don't now and who knows how long before other cards get an updated Vbios.

Comment

Good evening.My discrete video card doesnt have a gop vbios as I said in my first post im using as main the on board graphic card an hd4000 and Lucid MVP for games.So it would be nice if i could lock my onboard graphic card with 1gb ram :)
              thank you
              Last edited by Akis; 04-20-2013, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I could swear you mentioned you had a GOP compatible Vbios in your third post...

Comment

From my experience Asus is gonna be the last company that gonna release it when all others already have it as a standard in their graphic cards.Its like a Florence Nightingale syndrome.At the end when they finally release it we just gonna be happy and say how big and great company is :)
                  Just makes you wish if ASRock had couple graphic cards too :)

Comment

Working...
                  X