z77 Extreme 4 code 55

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z77 Extreme 4 code 55

I tried searching this forum and I see a handful of these questions, but none solved my issue. I feel like this is a "another asrock memory issue." (AAMI?!)

my specs are listed above, all patches for windows, vid card, updated.

I purchased this motherboard March 30 from amazon, but I was unable to complete this build until May 2nd (my return day). After trying a number of tests (memtest, intel burn), I cannot boot this computer when I use two sticks of ram. It won't even post. I've tried all combinations of slots (a2/b2, a1/b1, etc), but nothing has worked. The board gives me code 55 and reboots. I re-seated the cpu and ram as instructed, but it keeps coming up. I know that if I use either one of the sticks only in slot b2, the computer will boot. I tried to manually set the ram in UEFI, going from auto, to 1600, to 1333, it didn't work. I also noticed there was not an xmp profile setting in UEFI. I'm on the latest bios 2.80 and have stripped the board down to bare essentials while testing it. Here's the detailed info of the kingston ram:

HyperX Plug n Play 16GB (2x8GB) Kit of 2 1600MHz PC3-12800 DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM KHX16C9P1K2/16

It shows up on the approved memory list, and both sticks test out fine individually. I'm out of ideas, if there was a solution somewhere here I apologize for missing it. This computer works extremely well on 8gb, but that isn't the point. The board originally shipped with 2.7 & the problem was still there. thanks.

dh

Re: z77 Extreme 4 code 55

looking this up line I see a lot of people saying there is a bent socket pin. I pulled the cpu off (again) and looked closer. I'm didn't see any pins out of order. Usually the people with the bent pins can use 2 slots or have partial use. I only have one working slot. hope this additional info helps.

Comment

Working...
    X